11th April 2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the marks cut-off marks asked by the companies coming for the campus placement?

Hello ,

I am currently pursuing Btech in CSE and I am in pre-final year(5th sem) My 1-4 sem CPI is 6.23 !! Can you tell me will I be able to sit in the campus placement in my final year ?? Which companies ask for min 6.0 CPI ?? What if my CPI rounds about 6.5 at the end of 7th sem ??

12th April 2015, 08:55 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the marks cut-off marks asked by the companies coming for the campus placement?

Different companies have different cut-off marks as their eligibility criteria. However, most of the companies have 60 percentage in the entire career as their eligibility criteria. So if your college has a 10 point grading system, then a CGPA of 6.23 means 62.3 percentage. So you have percentage above 60%. Hence you can sit for almost all the companies except the ones who further shortlists on the basis of percentage in the career based on the number of students appearing in the recruitment drive.
13th April 2015, 01:34 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Thumbs up Re: What is the marks cut-off marks asked by the companies coming for the campus placement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello ,

I am currently pursuing Btech in CSE and I am in pre-final year(5th sem) My 1-4 sem CPI is 6.23 !! Can you tell me will I be able to sit in the campus placement in my final year ?? Which companies ask for min 6.0 CPI ?? What if my CPI rounds about 6.5 at the end of 7th sem ??

Since, you have your CPI of 6.23, so you are eligible to sit in the Campus recruitment Program held by companies. Since, every companies have their minimum average criteria of 60% of 6.00 CPI and you are above the Average CPI. So it is good for now an if your CPI ends to 6.5 during the last semester then it will be too good.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?