11th April 2015, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

campus placement problems

Sir/Mam,

I am a student of last year in B.E because of some problems companies are not conducting campuses in my college what should i do now? How I can ensure to get the job? Can someone please provide me the complete information on this? Awaiting for a reply from all soon. Thank you!

12th April 2015, 12:20 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: campus placement problems

It is sad to know that there are no companies who are conducting campus placements at your college. However, there is nothing to get disheartened as there are alternative which you can go for and get a job. Since companies are not visiting your college campus, so you need to do the following.

- Apply for off-campus recruitment drives of various companies. You can get info of this from various other colleges as well as job portals.

- Prepare for higher studies and entrance exams like GATE, CAT,etc. You can get job in the PSUs through GATE.
12th April 2015, 04:22 PM
indusree15

Default Re: campus placement problems

[QUOTE=Unregistered;4928944]Sir/Mam,

I am a student of last year in B.E because of some problems companies are not conducting campuses in my college what should i do now? How I can ensure to get the job? Can someone please provide me the complete information on this? Awaiting for a reply from all soon. Thank you![/QUOTE

Hi,

Besides on campus recruitments almost all companies infact pvt sector firms conduct off campus placements.
These are through third party agencies like 'shreds'. You may register with any such agency and they will inform you about upcoming placements. You can attend the placement tests then .
12th April 2015, 08:31 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: campus placement problems

Please don't panic. It is common that many engineering students don't get a chance to attend campus interviews in their own colleges. There may be many reasons. Now it is not your headache to think about all those. As you said getting job is in your top priority.

For getting good job in MNC (Preferably) you need to do one or more of the following activities. Firstly getting good scores in your B.Tech. Every company will screen candidates first with their scores only.
  • Get registered in all the top level company portals.: Almost every company maintain its own career portal. Be sure to visit them and get registered, whenever there is requirement you will get call from company directly.
  • Learn and update your knowledge.: This is very important what is the use of going to hundred interviews and not able to crack any. Learn at least one or two technologies. Be the best among others. This is how company will evaluate your caliber.
  • Develop soft skills.: Soft skills are very important to show what you are capable of. Be ready to face interview with necessary soft skills.
  • Check for Off Campus Drives and Pool Campus Drives: Check for Off/Pool campus drives these will be generally conducted throughout the year in some or the other engineering or degree colleges. Be informed that the students density will be pretty high. Don't get upset by seeing so many students who are competing with you.
  • Network with good friends/Seniors who can refer.: This is optional though, but you will have good chances than others if you have someone to guide this will be helpful to know about industry scenario. Don't worry if you don't have any, sites such as this are doing tremendous help to all by clearing your doubts and mentoring you to lead the right path.

Apart from this you can form your own strategy based on your present situation and circumstances. As you are not blessed with on campus placements, you will have to put good amount of efforts and get the job of your dreams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?