15th December 2013, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I get DBA job after MCA course?

I am doing fulltime job in IT firm and have 1 yr experience in online advertising domain and with this i am also doing regular fulltime MCA course now in SEM V, i want to switch to DBA job once i complete my MCA course, can i my experience fetch me DBA job ?

7th March 2014, 09:13 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I get DBA job after MCA course?

Yes,as you have already got experience working in IT firm you can easily find job in the DBA field.As a Database Administrator you must be able to resolve the problems encountered and ensures the whether application running well or not with the database.This is the main responsibility of your Data base Administrator role.You are responsible for managing the database security and you must ensure confidentially.You need to manage the large or small databases ,so for this you must have some sort of skills to manage the things involved.

The various responsibilities you must learn for the job role Database Administrator,are about the performance and backup and recovery and more.So you must need to perform the periodic backups at certain intervals.You must first know the restore procedure.You must be able to find out the errors when unite constraints have been violated,when transaction rollbacks some times occur and databases shutdowns and more.You need to check the updated statistics where ever needed,refinery whether database properly running or not,organization of tables and indexes at various regular intervals.So you must be able to perform above various tasks.

You may find Database Administrator jobs in the companies such as CSC Computer center,Intuit Technology services Pvt Ltd,IBM India Pvt Ltd,Computer sciences Corp Ltd,SAP Labs Pvt Ltd,Amazon India Pvt Ltd,Hewlett-Packard Development company,Replicon Software India Pvt Ltd,Verizon and RMS and more.So to get good career as a Data base Administrator,you must have some various skills.The skills that are required are Reading & Writing skills,Organization skills,Interpersonal Skills and Technical skills i.e., how computer store and retrieve the data,building computer databases and more.
22nd February 2018, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

I have done MCA. But didn't do job. Can I get job now after 4 years gap of passing McAfee.
14th August 2020, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Now I am a 3rd year mathematics student.after completing this I would like to do MCA.after MCA what I do for get database engineer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?