23rd January 2014, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Chances of job in IT field with experience in Non IT field?

I am currently working as an electrical engineer in CNC field.I m doing all the logic ladder development in my job.I m working for the past 7 years in this field.Right now i just want to change my work field to Computer software side.Is there any possibility i can switch over to that field even though i have my past experience in other field?

25th January 2014, 08:28 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Chances of job in IT field with experience in Non IT field?

It's pretty tough to get a job change to software field after you have 7 years of experience in Non-IT field.

If you are so much into it that you definitely wanted to change the job to software field then you need to do some extra course to gain knowledge on the field and then apply for the jobs.

Still the chances are very less even if you do the extra course too, so the better thing to do is to continue in your job and move up the ladder by getting promotions or if you feel that the job is not good and more stress then try to apply for jobs in different companies which is with your same field of work.
26th June 2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

i finished my MCA in 2012 i had two years exp in account and finanical group now i want to change the job in IT field possible ther is any chance.......
6th May 2022, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i am civil engineer having a 6 Year experience i am unable to continue for very worst salary in civil field...so i want to change my profession to IT Field as a Software Engineer and also i completed JAVA Fullstack developer Course, is there any chance of getting Job???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?