10th September 2014, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Changing job after 6 years of work experience for Onsite opportunities?

I have 6 years of IT experience. I work in a product development company. I am looking for some onsite opportunities which obviously are not present in my present company. So i am looking to shift to TCS. However i have heard a lot about the work culture etc. And that even if we get an onsite opportunity we may not end up saving more. i want the details and advise if its wise to join TCS or is it advisable to join some other company like CTS. Please advise.

Related Questions:
  1. Which company will give opportunity in abroad between TCS and ITC Infotech?
  2. How is Cognizant Hospitality Unit? What about onsite opportunities and work-life balance?
  3. How to ask HSBC for hike? How much HSBC will offer to 2 years experience holder?
  4. Job opportunities available after BBM? Which are the universities for MBA that required minimum 5 years experience?
  5. Job opportunities for a candidate having 3 years work experience in government sector?
  6. Will there be any Job Opportunities for me if I do SAP being a candidate having 5 years of work experience in International BPO and going to complete Executive MBA?
  7. How to get admission in MS in USA after four years of work experience? Tips to crack GRE ? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Will there be any Job Opportunities for me in USA after completion of B.Sc Nursing and with 1 year work experience?
  9. What are the study opportunities available for me if I am a B.Com graduate?
  10. Best way to get onsite project related to SAP/Software Engineering? -- [New]
  11. In which company should I join Sopra and Tech Mahindra if selected in both?
  12. How to get admission in London Business School?
  13. Which company is better Wipro or TCS in terms of Job security, Onsite opportunity, Hike and Growth?
  14. Jobs for Microbiologists in Foreign companies in India? How to get a good salary? Which companies provide good salary?
  15. Government Job Opportunities for MCA with 6 years experience?
  16. Work experience is good for MS in USA?
  17. Institutes which consider 2 years of Work experience and minimum cutoff for these institutes considering the work experience?
  18. What kind of Job Opportunities I can get having 1 year experience in Flood Determination, Mapping and GIS?
11th September 2014, 01:39 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Changing job after 6 years of work experience for Onsite opportunities?

ONSITE OPPORTUNITIES AFTER 6 YEARS IT EXPERIENCE:

Of course the work culture and other things will not be inline with your present product company when compared with other service companies like TCS, CTS etc. You won't be having much freedom in service companies which we use to have in the product companies and trying to settle on that will take sometime if you want to change from product to service company.

Changing to service company like TCS, CTS etc. will not provide you 100% assurance of onsite as well it depends on which project you get posted for which you will come to know only after joining. So, my advice would be that you can better try for some other product company which will be in your same domain and which will have more onsite opportunities than the present one. Yes, there are many product companies where you have projects hosted in different countries.

You can also try changing your team internally which will have more onsite opportunities, for sure every product company will have an installation and support team who will have direct contact with customers and for those team travel opportunities will be very frequent. Try for those first and then think about other companies if needed as it's good to be in product company for many years and climb the career ladder faster as you have spent already 6 years in the company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?