28th January 2016, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

Need career guidance after passing M.A. in English?

I am studying first year M.A. course in English. I am confused about my career option after this course. So can you please guide me over my career options after this course?

thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. Any career guidance available after passing BSc Nursing?
  2. What should be my career option if I have good communication skill with good English fluency? How should I make my career in NGO after passing B.Com with 6 back papers?
  3. What is the scope of M.A engineering after completing M.A Eng
  4. Cutoff list of BDS, B.Pharm colleges in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Pune?
  5. Cutoff list of Mumbai and Pune university for direct second year admission in engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What are the career options for me after passing 12th?
  7. How may I get information about my registration status of Ph.D with english stream? I have registered for Ph.D course with english stream from MDU, Rohtak under guidance of Dr C.M. Sharma. How to renew it?
  8. How to pursue a career as English Lecturer after doing M.A in English
  9. Which career I have to choose to get more income?
  10. Grammatical mistakes during conversation : How to avoid them and how to speak English fluently? Do software companies consider such mistakes?
  11. What career to choose if I am strong in English and Reasoning?
  12. How to make a career in Psychology after Graduating in B.Com (h)?
  13. Guidance to prepare for English for TRB Exam? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?
  14. Can CS intermediate and final course be done in Hindi? Is materials for ICSI available in Hindi?
  15. Guidance and materials for Maharashtra SET English?
  16. How to do Ph.D after completing M.A in Hindi?
  17. Ph.D in English literature after passing M.A in English with 49%?
  18. Need guidance regarding private jobs after passing M. Pharmacy?
28th January 2016, 08:53 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Need career guidance after passing M.A. in English?

After completing your master's you have so many career options. You can go for the job in administration sector, advertising Industry, teaching, public relations etc as per your personal interest. As you have completed your master's therefore you will get a considerable good salary. You can be a Public Relations Officer(PRO), consultant, Proof Reader etc as per the area of employment.
You can also go for further education for doctorate. If you will complete your doctorate then you will get a chance in the research organisation where your career will be bright.
28th January 2016, 12:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your masters course in English you will have great job opportunities in Central as well as state government offices. You can work as English translator, teacher, assistant manager.
Moreover you can also appear in UGC National eligibility entrance exam to apply for lecturership.
Most of the rewarding carrier for you will be generally done and reporting.
You can also do some freelancing like editing, translation, proof reading , interpreting, data processing etc.
So it depends on your interest where you can make your carrier fruitful.
28th January 2016, 01:47 PM
kantraman

Hello,sir i want to tell you that there are lot of job opportunities after M.A in english.As after completion of M.A english you can apply for english translator, officers, assistant manager and manager jobs.Similarly if you clear NET or SET you may get job in college and university.
28th January 2016, 06:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Career Opportunities after completion of M.A in English:

As you are still pursuing 1st year of M.A in English course, you have 1 more year to act actually. But meanwhile, I suggest you to think what to do after completion of this M.A in English course. You may even continue your studies in Research Program (Doctor of Philosophy) or you can even find job opportunities various organizations. If you are really interested to pursue then, go with Ph.D in English or otherwise you better to find job opportunities. You may find employment opportunities in Libraries, Civil Services Exam, Insurance Companies, Law Schools and in Institutions/ colleges. You may apply for the several posts namely, Freelance writer, Editor, Teacher, Technical Writer, Copywriter, Editor, Public Relation, Novelist and Reporters.
28th January 2016, 06:43 PM
january2016

After completing your MA i will suggest you to go for P.hD as this is the course with which you can apply for any teaching job after the completion of your MA.
Since, you are pursuing your MA course it means that in most of the case you will try for the teaching profession and for the teaching profession you need to go for the P.Hd degree at-least.

So, it my honest suggestion to you to go for the P.hd degree. This will be best according to your career perspective.
28th January 2016, 11:13 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying first year M.A. course in English. I am confused about my career option after this course. So can you please guide me over my career options after this course?

thanking you.
The aspirant can pursue his career in teaching line as the demand for English teacher is high. The aspirant can work in government and private sector companies for various posts. The aspirant can work as English Translators, Accent Trainer, Proofreader, Journalist, Content writer, Technical writer, Reporter, Editor, Copy writer etc. The aspirant can work in Banking Sector, Publishing Industry, Magazines, newspapers, E-publishing industries, BPOs, Retail sector, News channels, websites, Schools etc. The aspirant can apply for government jobs like,

etc.
28th January 2016, 11:54 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thanking you.
It is good to hear that you are planning to make your career bright. Being an M.A in English student, you can apply for a PhD in English or M.Phil in English in order to make your career in Teaching field. However, you must qualify in UGC NET entrance exam to Lecturer join Government or private College/Institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?