24th April 2017, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get job as PO in SBI bank after completion of computer science engineering course?

I am nikhil jha I want job in SBI or any other. I am doing computer science engineering right now. So, please tell me how can I get job in bank. Especially for the post of PO, tell me the criteria and which exam I have to clear first? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

25th April 2017, 11:06 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get job as PO in SBI bank after completion of computer science engineering course?

Procedure to get job in State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer after completion of Computer Science Engineering:

There is a certain procedure that is to be followed in order to get job in SBI as a PO. State Bank of India issues its official notification every year for filling up vacancies for the posts of PO.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for this SBI PO recruitment is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Basically there is no certain percentage criteria required in order to be eligible.

>> The selection process of this SBI PO recruitment consists of,
* SBI PO Preliminary Examination
* SBI PO Main Examination and Descriptive Exam
* SBI PO Group Discussion Round
* SBI PO Final Interview

So you are required to qualify all the rounds that are mentioned above one by one in order to get selected finally.

Click here for SBI Recruitment's
26th April 2017, 10:06 AM
EngineerSolution

Default Re: Procedure to get job as PO in SBI bank after completion of computer science engineering course?

SBI will conduct PO exams directly. They will put notifications in all leading newspapers and online. There is usually 3 stages in the examination.
1. Preliminary test
2. Final test
3. Interview &/ GD

The first 2 tests will be similar to IBPS tests or any other bank tests which contains tests for quantitative, creative, logical, verbal aptitude.

GD & Interview are the last phases.

Since graduation with 55%+ is the eligibility criteria in education you can apply for the exam.
26th April 2017, 12:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to apply for SBI PO exam, which is conducted every year for graduates. If you have got an engineering degree, then it is definitely valid for it.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by SBI. Just make sure that your age is between 21 to 30 years.
26th April 2017, 01:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to get a job in State Bank of India for the post of Probationary Officer, you should have completed you bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university. Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years. For SC/SC candidates the upper age is relaxed by 5 years, for OBC 3 years and for PWD candidates it is 10 years.

Now with this eligibility you have to appear for SBI PO examination and if you are interested to apply in other government banks, then you can appear for IBPS PO examination. The selection will depend upon the marks secured in the written examination, so you have to prepare well accordingly. After the selection you will be appointed as a PO in the respective banks.
26th April 2017, 05:41 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am nikhil jha I want job in SBI or any other. I am doing computer science engineering right now. So, please tell me how can I get job in bank. Especially for the post of PO, tell me the criteria and which exam I have to clear first? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Candidates with graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government are eligible for the Probationary Officer (PO) in SBI. Candidates must be aged between 21 years to 30 years of age - for general category, for OBC 33 years and for SC/ST 35 years. The SBI PO selection procedure consists of three stages. They are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Discussion & Interview. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be added to the selection and only marks obtained in the Main Examination, both Objective Test and Descriptive Test will be added to the marks obtained in Group Discussion and Interview for the preparation of the final merit list. The SBI website link is Click Here
26th April 2017, 05:46 PM
kalamrockz

In order to get the job post of a PO in bank, you will have to appear for IBPS PO examination and only after completion of your graduation degree from a recognized university having scored a minimum of 60% in aggregate.

Therefore, if you can fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned above, you can very much apply for the examination.

You should prepare well for the examination as only after clearing the examination with minimum cut-off marks, you will be eligible to avail the job post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?