22nd February 2015, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

What are the courses I can take after engineering in case of no campus placement?

Sir/Mam,

I am doing engineering for a very ordinary college where campus opportunities are very less.
Hence please guide me about the exams/courses that i should give or prepare for in case of no campus placement.
Also what are the advantages if i prepare for GATE examination for the sake of job?

Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IT jobs in companies like IBM and TCS?
  2. Can one appear for TCS interview within 6 months(probation period)?
  3. When will I get a job after completing MCA?
  4. Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 56.8% in 12th?
  5. How to get job in MNC during B.Tech final year?
  6. How to get placed in core company with atleast 15,000 salary?
  7. Job opportunities for Biomedical Engineer? Should I switch to IT job as campus placement for BM isnt good?
  8. Qualification required for off-campus placement in HCL for B.Tech final year student?
  9. Campus placement or MS: better option after Aerospace engineering to work with NASA?
  10. Which companies I can get jobs after the completion of B.Tech? Can I do a job along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  11. List of companies offering campus placement for Aeronautical Engineering?
  12. What type of jobs can I get after completing 10th and 12th science with 82%?
  13. Is it possible to get a job in core field after completing B.Tech with 57% in ECE branch?
  14. Is SRM a good choice for M.E in Constrcution management or Structural engineering? On and off campus placement opportunities?
  15. How to get a job in VLSI as a fresher?
  16. Am I eligible for campus placement with 80% marks in MCA?
  17. Information about Campus Placement in Power Engineering Course in Jadavpur University? How much is the salary offered in government and private sector companies? Will I be eligible for placement in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Computers?
  18. Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd February 2015, 11:53 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the courses I can take after engineering in case of no campus placement?

It is good to see that you are preparing for the worst case and aspiring to work on the alternatives. You should prepare for the off-campus drives of various companies. This should be of highest priority. As a backup, you need to prepare for GATE or CAT. You need to devote atleast a year of preparation for these entrance exam. It is better to prepare for GATE since you can get jobs in PSUs if you score good marks in GATE. If you want to pursue higher studies and interested in MBA then you can opt for CAT preparation. Preparing for GATE is easy since you need to study your domain which is also required for your campus placement. Hence you can not only get job in PSUs through GATE but also it will help in campus placement and if you want to pursue higher studies then GATE preparation is an ideal choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?