9th September 2016, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting assistant professor job in CS in any engineering college?

I have a BE in electronics & telecommunication. However, i have around 14 years of industrial experience in software, mobile software, etc. Am i eligible to get an Asst. Professor job in CS at any engineering college? Can you please guide me on this?

Related Questions:
  1. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  2. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  3. Can I become a college professor after B.Sc in PCM general? -- [New]
  4. Is NET qualification sufficient for Assistant Professor jobs?
  5. What is the complete procedure to get an assistant professor job in engineering college?
  6. Can I get a job as assistant professor in government engineering college
  7. What is the eligibility criteria required for appointment in the post of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the department of Fine Arts and Music at Vishva Bharati University?
  8. Can I apply for assistant professor job on the basis of ME degree?
  9. Is MSc, M.Tech eligible for Assistant Professor in Engineering College? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What is the eligibility criteria for assistant professor? I have scored 71% marks in Environmental Engineering
  11. Eligibility for the post of assistant professor?
  12. What is the eligibility for assistant professor in ECE department
  13. What is the procedure followed for getting assistant professor job in government college?
  14. What is the minimum criteria to become an assistant professor in private college or government college?
  15. Eligibility for senior lecturer, Assistant Professor in an engineering college?
  16. Eligibility to become an Assistant Professor in governemnt or government aided colleges?
  17. What are the jobs available to get after completion of graduation in Political science honors?
  18. Can I study PhD in IIT after completion of M.Tech Civil from KSOU? Eligibility to become an Assistant Professor in any Engineering College?
19th September 2016, 02:00 PM
PAN2HELP

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting assistant professor job in CS in any engineering college?

Yes, you are very much eligible for assistant professor job in CS after having 14 years of industrial experience in software, mobile software, etc.

There is some eligibility criteria for this assistant professor post.

> Usually they say candidates who have B.Tech can apply for assistant professor post. But what happens is a lot of candidate who have masters or even Ph.D apply for this post. So they obviously become the first choice for the post. But as you have nearly 14 years of industrial experience in software, mobile software you will have your advantage to get selected.

Procedure :

You have to manually apply to those colleges/ universities where you want to be an assistant professor with a recent resume. If you are selected, you will get a call for interview on a selected date. You need to appear there on that mentioned date.
20th September 2016, 07:30 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting assistant professor job in CS in any engineering college?

Eligibility Criteria Required for getting Assistant Professor job in Computer Science in Engineering College:

As per your criterion, you are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant professor in Computer Science field in a below average engineering colleges. But you are not eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor in other top rated engineering colleges.

The basic eligibility criteria required for the post of Assistant Professor in top colleges is,

>> An Eminent scholar with Ph.D qualification in the concerned/ allied/ relevant discipline and published work of high quality.

>> Minimum of 10 years of experience is required in order to be eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?