25th January 2017, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

What are the possibilities of getting a good software company job after completion of MCA course?

Sir/Mam, I am Purnananda Maharana from Berhampur, Ganjam, Odisha. I have completed 10th with 75%, 2 science with 49%, BCA with 82%, and continuing mca with 82% in 1st sem, and 75% in 2nd sem nd going to complete MCA. I want to settle in a good software industry. How shall be it for me? Can I settle in a good software industry? Please give me some hope sir..

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the best course between BBA and BCA?
  2. How to get a good software job in a good software company right after completion of B.Tech course?
  3. Can I still get a job in any software company?
  4. How to get a job after completion of MCA course? What are the various private jobs available to apply?
  5. Is it possible to get software testing job after completion of MCA course with less programming?
  6. Need tips to get job in good software companies just after B.Tech?
  7. Procedure to get a job in software company after completion of B.Tech EEE with 56 percentage?
  8. Isn't it better to study MCA after B.Sc computers? Aren't there IT job opportunities available after MCA?
  9. Is it possible for me to get a good software company job after completion of B.Tech IT course with 69% marks?
  10. Am i eligible to get a job in good IT company with 54% in 10th, 65% in 12th, 74% in BCA and 75% in MCA?
  11. Which branch is better between engineering and information technology?
  12. Is it possible for me to get a good job in IT companies if I have less percentage in 10th and 12th after completion of MCA?
  13. Is it possible for me to get a government job with previous software company experience?
  14. How get software comany job should be less than 60% then answer?
  15. What is the procedure which I need to follow to get a good and successful software job?
  16. Is it possible to get a job job in lower software company if education record is not good?
  17. Can I get a job in software company after completion of B.Tech in ECE and experience in electronics related company?
  18. Is it possible for me to get a in any software company after completion of M.Sc course?
27th January 2017, 11:52 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the possibilities of getting a good software company job after completion of MCA course?

Yes after completion MCA degree you can get software company jobs but you can fulfill below given eligibility criteria.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for software companies is 60% and some companies also want 50% such as Wipro. Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for software companies recruitment. Candidates having more than 2 years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for software companies recruitment.
27th January 2017, 12:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the possibilities of getting a good software company job after completion of MCA course?

Jobs in Software Companies after doing MCA:-

Yes, you can definitely get a software engineer job after pursuing MCA.

Many software companies recruit MBA candidate. Even the MNCs also recruit MCA candidates for software engineer job rule, there is no need to worry concerning the originality related to being a MCA condition candidate.

Most of the MNCs and software companies have set the eligibility criteria as 60% or above in the entire career which means you need to have 60% above in the entire career, i.e.,10th, 12th or diploma, graduation and MCA. You need to crack the written test and interview rounds to get selected in the software companies.
27th January 2017, 01:03 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, I am Purnananda Maharana from Berhampur, Ganjam, Odisha. I have completed 10th with 75%, 2 science with 49%, BCA with 82%, and continuing mca with 82% in 1st sem, and 75% in 2nd sem nd going to complete MCA. I want to settle in a good software industry. How shall be it for me? Can I settle in a good software industry? Please give me some hope sir..
The possibilities are high for the MCA graduates with good academic record and technical skills for getting a job in good software companies. The MCA candidates can work as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, System Analyst, Software Consultant, Technical Writer, Systems Engineer etc. There are various companies hiring the candidates like TCS, Wipro, Accenture, Cognizant, IBM, Tech Mahindra, HCL, NTPC, GAIL etc. For getting a job in software companies, you have to apply online. The selection process consists of Aptitude Test, Technical Interview, and HR Interview. Candidates should have decent communication skill and technical skills to get a job.
27th January 2017, 08:18 PM
EngineerSolution

There is a small problem seen with your academic record. For 12th you secured 49% which may act as a hindrance to many recruiters. Try for campus placement since when companies come to colleges they consider only the present academic scores.
27th January 2017, 08:49 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to get job in Software companies with the above mentioned percentage criteria. Yes, there is a certain minimum percentage criteria that is required in order to be eligible.

>> Minimum Percentage Required in 10th Class - 60% marks - You have secured 75% marks

>> Minimum Percentage Required in 12th Class - 60% marks - You have secured 49% marks

>> Minimum Percentage Required in Graduation - 60% marks - You have secured 82% marks

>> Minimum Percentage Required in Post Graduation - 60% marks - You have secured more than 70% marks

As you have secured less percentage in 12th Class, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to get job in Top MNC's. I suggest you to apply for some small scale IT Companies with the above criteria.
29th January 2017, 11:34 AM
jayparikh

Lightbulb Re: What are the possibilities of getting a good software company job after completion of MCA course?

What are the possibilities of getting a good software company job after completion of MCA course?

Hi There!!!

Possibilities are unlimited. But for campus placement,
Your marks in 12th is less than 60%. Now a days all IT companies set criteria for campus placement as,
-60% or more throughout 10th,12th ,engineering
-Aptitude test
-essay writing
-technical round
-HR round.

hence,I doubt you won't get much opportunities through campus placement. But, yes, you can try on your own.
You can apply through,
-Ads in the newspaper
-Through career site of the company
-Through referral
-through competitive exams

Try to start with small companies. Once, you gain some experience then apply in big companies. At that time, you percentage will not matter much.

Try to work on as much projects as possible. It will increase your employability.

Also, work to improve following skills,

Skills required,
-Good communication skills,
-Good negotiation skills
-Team spirit, need to be good team player
-Good domain knowledge
-Good networking
-Critical eye on latest development in industry

I am sure, you will get into good company if not now then in future.

Don't lose hope. Keep trying.

Best of luck
29th January 2017, 05:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for MNC companies.

As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for any software companies as a freshers.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for MNC companies is 60%. Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for MNC companies recruitment. Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for MNC companies recruitment.

You can apply below given companies,

1. Allindia Technologies, 5, Lower Rawdon Street, Kolkata, West Bengal, Phone: 033 2475 4136

2. InSync Tech-Fin Solutions Ltd., 5/2, 6th Floor, Poonam Building, Russel Street
Kolkata, West Bengal, Phone: 033 4000 1067

3. Elegant Systems Powerweb, HB 245, salt lake city, sector 3, Kolkata, West Bengal
Phone: 033 4004 3213

4. CMC Limited, 14, Strand Road, B B D Bagh, Kolkata, West Bengal, Phone: 033 2210 6325

5. MindEdge Solutions, Suite #10, 7th Floor, Shantiniketan Building, 8 Camac Street, Shreebhumi, Lake Town, Kolkata, West Bengal, Phone: 033 2282 1062
29th August 2019, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 and 12th with 75%and 69% respectively ...but i have with graduation marks i have done bsc (honours) in cs and got 66% but when it comes to aggregate it becomes 54 % with maths and stats ....will anyone please answer i m eligible for Which companies after mca ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?