29th August 2014, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

What should be the reason given to interviewer for a year gap in academics?

I completed my btech mech in 2013 with 76.7%,still now i didn't got job and no work experience,is it will become a bad thing to my career,if an interviewer ask me about the gap what should be the reason to tell him to get the job?and tell me can i get a job in future and what type of job can i get easily?

13th September 2014, 02:10 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: What should be the reason given to interviewer for a year gap in academics?

YEAR GAP IN FINDING A IT JOB:

No, it's not a bad thing for you to say in the interview that you have spent one year for searching job. Any IT company will understand the problem because there are many Engineers out there without a job and that's the same reason why they allow 2013 candidates to attend for the job interview as well.

So, do not get discouraged on this line. Just keep on preparing well for the selection process which will be 1) Aptitude Test 2) Technical interview 3) HR interview and apply for all the possible jobs which are out there.

If in case the interviewer asks "Why you were not able to get a job for past 1 year?" then give the genuine original answer which you have i.e "You were searching for the correct job for your profile till now and no one where able to understand your talent and skills, so trying out for the best till you get it". Make sure that whatever you try to say will give a positive note to the interviewer which is the only important thing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?