9th October 2018, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Age criteria to study in LKG of CBSE affiliated schools?

Hello friends, my daughter is 3 years old only. Currently, I should enroll her for playgroup or Nursery. What should be her age for LKG(Lower Kindergarten) admission in CBSE affiliated schools?

12th October 2018, 12:54 PM
sreejit4321

Default Re: Age criteria to study in LKG of CBSE affiliated schools?

For LKG admission, age should be above 3 years. Children having age below 3 will not be allowed to get admission. There is no relaxation of any kind.
Rules are same for every board. There is no different age criteria for admission in LKG for different boards.

Thank You!!!
13th October 2018, 12:02 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

At CBSE school, the age is 4 years for LKG admission. Different boards have different age criteria for admission.

Hence, you can start applying for admission from now on, so that your daughter can get admission, as soon as she reaches 4.
13th October 2018, 06:13 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Age criteria to study in LKG of CBSE affiliated school :-

The minimum age required to get admission in LKG in any CBSE school is 4 years. That means, the candidate must have attained the minimum age of 4 years as on 31st December of the year of admission . Since, your child has not attained the minimum age of 4 years, she is not eligible to get admission in LKG in CBSE school.
13th October 2018, 06:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the minimum age criteria, a candidate who wants to seek admission in LKG must have minimum age of 4 years.
13th October 2018, 06:46 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Age criteria to study in LKG of CBSE affiliated schools :-

The minimum age required to get admission in LKG in CBSE board is that the aspirant should have completed the age of 3 years and 6 months at the time of admission .

Before attaining this age, it is difficult to get admission in LKG in CBSE school.
13th October 2018, 09:38 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that there is no any fixed age criteria to admit any child in Nursery or LKG class.
If your child is of 3 years then you should admit her in LKG.
You can admit your child in LKG after 3.5 years of age. In coming session your child will be eligible to get admission.
13th October 2018, 10:12 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

In India, CBSE schools generally follow a three stage curriculum:

2-3 years for Nursery

3-4 years for Lower Kindergarten

4-5 years for Upper Kindergarten

Student must be 6 years old or around to enter in class first.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?