26th July 2015, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 73% in 12th WBCHSE?

Dear Friends,
I have passed 12th under WBCHSE Board and scored 73% marks. But I have heard that this marks is not enough for appearing in JEE Advanced and for getting admission in IIT. I want to know about that. Please tell me.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?
  2. Should I reappear if secured low percentage in WBCHSE Board exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Possibility to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 92% in 12th and over 180 marks in JEE Mains?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Mains if secured 49% in 12th WBCHSE and 48% in PCM?
  5. Am I eligible for JEE advanced?
  6. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 73329 rank in JEE Main and 95% in 12th CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What should I study other than B.Sc if secured 86% in 12th WBCHSE?
  8. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured 84% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  9. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for NIT and IIST after passing 12th? What is the eligibility
  11. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a SC candidate who has qualified in JEE Mains and secured 68.6% in 12th CBSE?
  12. Can I reappear in JEE Advanced next year if appearing for 2nd times in this year?
  13. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  14. Should I repeat if not scored good marks in 12th WBCHSE Board exam and JEE Main?
  15. Am I eligible to appear for JEE advanced? I am a 12th class
  16. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?
  17. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?
  18. Eligibility to apply in JEE Advanced for a candidate who has secured 86% in 10th and 75% in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Diploma course?
27th July 2015, 04:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 73% in 12th WBCHSE?

Yes, why not, you are definitely eligible for the Joint Entrance Exam advanced if you have secured 73% marks in 10+2 board exams of West Bengal.

To appear for the JEE Advanced, first of all you need to clear the Joint Entrance exam mains. Its true that 10+2 percentage plays a vital role in getting good rank in JEE mains and advanced but if you can score well in mains and advanced exam, you can compensate for the less marks in 10+2 board exams.
27th July 2015, 10:18 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 73% in 12th WBCHSE?

I am sorry to say you that if you are a GEN candidate then you are not eligible to appear JEE Advanced with 73% of marks as the minimum criteria for GEN candidates to appear in JEE Advanced is 75% and for SC, ST candidates minimum criteria is 70% of marks in class 12th standard.
28th July 2015, 12:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I have passed 12th under WBCHSE Board and scored 73% marks. But I have heard that this marks is not enough for appearing in JEE Advanced and for getting admission in IIT. I want to know about that. Please tell me.
Yes, you are eligible for JEE Advanced exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Advanced exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years. Candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
28th July 2015, 05:09 PM
pointer01

Yes Dear, you can apply for JEE. You must have 12th passed student with physics, chemistry and Maths as the main subjects in class 12th. For this firstly you have to qualify the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Mains and after that advance. But, Don't forget that the marks of class 12th is also considered in JEE.
31st July 2015, 05:59 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You are eligible for JEE Advanced Examination provided you have qualified for the JEE Main Examination.
If you have qualified for the JEE Advanced and you are having a good rank then you are having sufficient marks in Class 12 to be eligible to study in IIT.
So do not worry about the Class 12 marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?