25th June 2013, 10:06 PM
iam_arun192ws

Am I eligible for NIT and IIST after passing 12th? What is the eligibility

i have passed my 12th in 2012 and want to appear for jee. i am eligible for nits and iist but not iits. according to elibility as per iist they consider both jee main and jee advanced score ( iam not eligible for advanced) then what should i do
please reply

4th June 2015, 01:08 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NIT and IIST after passing 12th? What is the eligibility

No, you are not eligible to appear for the JEE examination as you have crossed the limit for maximum number of attempts. JEE examination is conducted by the CBSE every for the candidates who want to pursue the B.tech from the IIT, NIT, IIIT and other government and private colleges.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from a recognised board.
* Candidates age must have PCM as main subject in the board examination.

There are only three attempts to appear for the examination generally taking first attempt as year of passing the 10+2 examination and then other two years. So you are not eligible to apply for the JEE.

As you are not eligible to appear for the JEE examination you are also not applicable for the admission in the NIT and IIST as candidates who qualifies the JEE Mains examination are eligible to get the admission in the NIT.

JEE examination is conducted in two stages as Mains and Advance and candidates who qualifies in the Mains are eligible for the Advance examination. For information visit at www.cbse.nic.in. There is no special entrance examination for the admission in the NIT.
7th June 2017, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for NIT and IIST after passing 12th? What is the eligibility

1. I have passed wbchse exam in 2017 with 91%
and scored 32 marks in JEE MAIN 2017 .
Am I eligible for the IIST

2. If I have INSPIRE scholarship , am I to qualify in NATE/ GATE exam after M.Sc in physics for IIST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?