19th January 2015, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Which board to select in school to become IPS/IAS/IFP in future?

Guide to do better.

19th January 2015, 01:28 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board to select in school to become IPS/IAS/IFP in future?

You can choose any board, in which you are interested to join. That's because all the candidates, who have completed their graduation in any stream are eligible to apply for Civil Services exams, irrespective of their education board. And you will be selected as IAS/IPS officer only depending upon your performance. So, there is no need to choose any particular board, to become IAS/IPS officer.
If you want only a suggestion, i suggest you to join in CBSE or ICSE board.
19th January 2015, 08:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can so your schooling from any board whether State Board or CBSE Board or ICSE Board to become an IAS/ IPS/ IFS officer. To become an IAS/ IPS/ IFS officer, you need to appear in Indian Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC examinations is mentioned below :-

1. The candidate must be a citizen of India.

2. The candidate must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. The candidate must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

To become an IAS/ IPS/ IFS officer, you must be a graduate and it does not matter from which board you have completed schooling. So, I suggest you to do your schooling from any board in which you are interested.
20th January 2015, 12:39 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

As there are Mainly two Major boards in India :

* Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)

* Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)

Each Board has its own Merits and Demerits.

Most of the Schools Follow CBSE Syllabus as it is Very useful for most of the competitive examinations in India.

ICSE Syllabus is Preferred for English Improvement and it is simpler syllabus compared to CBSE.

Competitive entrance exam at Al India Level Like JEE(Mains & Advanced), NEET etc.., are completely based on CBSE Syllabus.

Union Public Service Examinations which recruits Candidates to IAS/IPS/IFP/IFS etc.., by keeping an Entrance examination in which the most of the syllabus is covered in CBSE pattern.

According to our Point of View Opt for CBSE Board to become IPS/IFS/IFP. Although, it depends on the Individual to crack the Civil service examination irrespective of the Board of School.
16th April 2015, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

I want to give IIT Entrance Exam after 12th and is planning of an IIT Coaching along with 12th from ISC Board,am I right?
23rd April 2015, 11:35 AM
s.sharma5657
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which board to select in school to become IPS/IAS/IFP in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Guide to do better.
Hello,
It is highly recommended to opt for either CBSE board or ICSE board,
Preferably CBSE board,because it's syllabus consists of NCERT text books, which is highly beneficial for IAS/IPS exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Good Luck!!
26th April 2015, 07:50 PM
rishab mittal111

YOu can be select any school . It is not compulsary that the student must be cleared his education on that board , after that he eligible for the IPS IAS etc exams..

Its just depends upon your performance and your skills. So my dear friend you select any one of board according to your comfort and work hard.

In below i provide you some board which are very famous and popular. And i preffered that you select any one of them if possible for you.

* Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)

* Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)
Thanks!!!!!
28th April 2015, 03:00 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Which board to select in school to become IPS/IAS/IFP in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Guide to do better.

You can go with either CBSE/ICSE or the State Board. But, i will recommend you to go with the CBSE Board. As this Board has all the content as well as curriculum that is required to clear the IPS/IAS exam. Because
you must be very Strong in Civics, Geography, English as well as in History and CBSE board has all these in their Curriculum.
2nd June 2018, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

I am Pooja. I passed my 10th this year with 85.2 percent marks by cbse board. I will get admission in Rajkiya vidyalya, which has UP board. I want to be an IAS officer. Please understand me what are the merits and demerits, if I will choose UP board and what will happen after my 12th, which college will best for me.
Please sir help me..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?