17th April 2016, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in Engineering entrance exams on NIOS Science basis having completed 11th Commerce?

Dear Sir,
I had given exam of 11th Commerce right now but I want to left school because I want to do B.Tech and I am taking admission in NIOS 12th Science. If I complete 12th Science from NIOS Board then can I give Engineering entrance exams? Please let me know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do diploma course after completion of 11th standard with science?
  2. Should I join NIOS if failed in 11th Science but want to study MBBS?
  3. Can I get admission to study 11th ISC Commerce if completed 10th NIOS without Mathematics?
  4. Should I join 11th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for 12th Commerce NIOS if haven't appeared in 11th standard?
  6. Entrance exams to study further for 12th Commerce with Computer Application NIOS Board student?
  7. Whether PCB of NIOS Board considerable to study Engineering, Medical or Architecture? Can I do NIOS Science simultaneously with 12th Commerce?
  8. Can I register for 12th Board exam if completed 11th about 2 years ago?
  9. In which college could I get after scoring 369 rank in KIITEE?
  10. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS if got compartment in 11th RBSE?
  11. Can I apply in B.Sc, B.Tech or B.H.M.S program if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS? Whether NIOS degree has any value in UK and US?
  12. Can I study B.Sc or BHMS after completing 12th NIOS? Does NIOS has any value in abroad?
  13. Whether a candidate is eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE if appear 10th NIOS?
  14. Scholarship and entrance exams available for class 11th Commerce student to study in Abroad?
  15. Is NIOS a recognized board? is it applicable in entrance exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Whether NIOS Stream-IV candidate is eligible to appear in CMC, AIIMS or NEET MBBS entrance exams?
  17. Can I apply to get government jobs being a 12th NIOS Commerce student?
  18. What is the procedure for admission in B.Tech?
18th April 2016, 04:26 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in Engineering entrance exams on NIOS Science basis having completed 11th Commerce?

Yes, you can appear for engineering entrance examinations after passing class 12 from National institute of open schooling (NIOS).

NIOS board is valid and recognized board of education. The candidate who have obtained pass certificate from NIOS can apply for various engineering entrance examinations.

Before applying for entrance examination, the candidate has to meet the criteria such as age limit, subject combination etc.
18th April 2016, 07:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in Engineering entrance exams on NIOS Science basis having completed 11th Commerce?

If you have completed class 12th with NIOS science with PCM stream then surely you will be eligible for engineering entrance exam. The stream matters and in your certificate you must have physics, chemistry and maths subjects.

If you have the above qualification then there shouldn't be any problem in appearing in engineering entrance exam.
18th April 2016, 08:51 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to get admission in 12th Science under NIOS directly after completion of your 11th via commerce stream.

So, you will have to get admission in 11th class first in science stream and then you can pursue your 12th board examination with science background and then can very much opt for B.Tech course in future.
19th April 2016, 09:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I had given exam of 11th Commerce right now but I want to left school because I want to do B.Tech and I am taking admission in NIOS 12th Science. If I complete 12th Science from NIOS Board then can I give Engineering entrance exams? Please let me know about this.
After completion of 12th from NIOS with Science, you are eligible for Engineering Entrance exam, because NIOS course is recognized.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM subject from a recognized board are eligible for Engineering Entrance Exam.

Your age should be above 16 years.
11th June 2021, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir can I get your mobile number I need to get things consulted from you.
[email protected] you can mail me on this mail.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?