17th April 2019, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Main and Advanced if secure below 50% in WBCHSE 12th Board exam being an OBC student?

Hello, I am doing my 12th from WBCHSE Board and I will appear in JEE Main and Advanced. I want to know that if I score below 50% marks in my Board exam then I will apply for this entrance exam? I belongs to an OBC category.

21st April 2019, 01:37 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Main and Advanced if secure below 50% in WBCHSE 12th Board exam being an OBC student?

You can not appear in JEE Main and Advanced if secure below 50% in WBCHSE 12th Board exam being an OBC student. In order to be eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced, you need to have secured a minimum 75% marks (65% marks in case of ST/SC) in your WBCHSE 12th Board exam or equivalent exam.
21st April 2019, 03:59 PM
EducationConsultant

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Main and Advanced if secure below 50% in WBCHSE 12th Board exam being an OBC student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am doing my 12th from WBCHSE Board and I will appear in JEE Main and Advanced. I want to know that if I score below 50% marks in my Board exam then I will apply for this entrance exam? I belongs to an OBC category.
Yes, of course, your eligible to apply for JEE Main and Advanced after scored 50% percentage of marks in WBCHSE 12th Board exam. But it possible for you to get admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs, students should secure a minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST students) in the qualifying examination.
22nd April 2019, 12:19 AM
Sunnyexpert

Yes, you can appear for JEE Mains and Advanced, but you should try to score good marks in your entrance test as you have not been able to score well in your 12th boards, so in order to try n compensate it, you should score well in your 12th boards.
25th April 2019, 05:05 PM
divyanshuktr
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear in JEE Main and Advanced if secure below 50% in WBCHSE 12th Board exam being an OBC student?

Yes, You are eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advance Examination. 12th board exam score does not matter just you need to qualify your 12th.

For qualifying JEE Main Examination candidate should have minimum 75% score (65% for SC/ST Students).

Good Luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?