13th January 2020, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply and become a Loco Pilot after completing 12th Commerce? Recruitment exam to get this job?

Sir, I am currently doing my 11th Commerce from Maharashtra State Board and I want to become a Loco Pilot. I have done my 10th from the state board as well and also my Diploma in Financial Accounting course. I want to ask that can I apply for Loco Pilot after my 12th? And which exam should I give?

16th January 2020, 05:21 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply and become a Loco Pilot after completing 12th Commerce? Recruitment exam to get this job?

The eligibility to become a loco pilot in Indian railways is that the candidate should be 10 + 2 with diploma in automobile engineering for electrical engineering or electronics engineering or mechanical engineering or ITI NCVT certificate holders.
Aspirant has to appear for the railway recruitment board examination for the "Assistant loco pilot".
16th January 2020, 07:40 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply and become a Loco Pilot after completing 12th Commerce? Recruitment exam to get this job?

Educational Qualification:

The Candidate must complete the minimum 10th standard.

Candidate need to complete the ITI in any specific trade to apply for this post.

Candidates who have completed the Diploma in Engineering and also eligible.

Minimum age is 18 years and maximum is 28 years.
However, age relaxation in upper age limit is provided reserved category students.

Official website:
https://www.rrb.gov/
17th January 2020, 08:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to apply for the post of loco pilot, the candidate should have done 10th from a recognised board along with ITI in the specific trade or Diploma in Engineering.

Therefore, you are not eligible.
17th January 2020, 11:19 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a loco pilot after 12th with commerce stream:-

With commerce stream you are not eligible for loco pilot exam. You need to have at least 12th with PCM or diploma in engineering qualification to become eligible for it.

Selection is based on the performance with the the written exam and physical fitness.

Requirement exam to get this job is RRB( Railway Requirement Board).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?