27th June 2016, 08:30 PM
alex martin

Which course should I pursue after completing 12th with Commerce to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railway?

Hello Sir, I am studying in class 12th with Commerce. I want to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railway. Can you please tell me what to do after 12th and which course I should pursue.

29th June 2016, 10:36 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I pursue after completing 12th with Commerce to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railway?

To become a Loco Pilot job in Indian Railway, you should have to appear in Loco Pilot examination which is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). To appear in RRB Loco Pilot examination, you should have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

=> You should have passed ITI or Diploma in Engineering course from a Government recognised Institute after completion of your 10th standard.

=> You should not be below 18 years and above 30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates as per Government norms.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you are pursuing 12th standard with Commerce stream, so, you need to pursue ITI or Diploma in Engineering course on basis of your 10th standard to be eligible to appear in RRB Loco Pilot examination.
30th June 2016, 01:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I pursue after completing 12th with Commerce to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex martin View Post
Hello Sir, I am studying in class 12th with Commerce. I want to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railway. Can you please tell me what to do after 12th and which course I should pursue.
Yes, you are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard or completed ITI course from a recognized board/University are eligible for Loco Pilot in Indian Railway.

Your age should be in between 18 to 33 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?