1st January 2020, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for an NDA exam being a 19 years old 11th ISC student?

Friends, I want to give an NDA exam. But I am 19 years old and studying in 11th standard with an ISC Board. I would like to know, can I apply for this exam at this age? Please help me to know about this asap.

3rd January 2020, 03:35 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for an NDA exam being a 19 years old 11th ISC student?

NDA is National Defence Academy. Examination is conducted by UPSC for final selection.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the upcoming examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd January 2020, 08:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to join it you are required to qualify the NDA examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, to appear in the NDA examination, your age need to lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years while you must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

So, being a student of class 11th and 19 years old, you are not eligible to appear in the NDA examination as you will not satisfy both age criteria and educational requirement at the same time.

For more details and updates regarding the NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
6th January 2020, 09:22 PM
amishkuma

NDA meas National Defence Academy. UPSC Commencement NDA exam two times in a year.
Qualification for this exam is 12th standard with PCM(Physics, chemistry and mathematics.
So you can not apply this exam in class 11th.
20th June 2021, 10:30 AM
Singhskomal

NDA (National defence academy)
Eligibility : unmarried , below 20 years who cleared their 10+2 exam in physics and mathematics stream.
Age limit between 16.5 years to until the age of 19 years.
Written examination: Mathematics, general ability, physics, chemistry, English, G.K. and current events.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?