9th November 2018, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become a Journalist for 10th WBBSE student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a 10th standard student. I am studying from WBBSE Board. I want to become a Journalist. For this, I want to start preparation from now. I want your help for this. I want to know what I have to do from now to achieve my aim.

15th November 2018, 07:28 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become a Journalist for 10th WBBSE student?

After passing 12th, one can join B.A., BSc, or other undergraduate courses in journalism like

BAchelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass communication

B.A. in Convergent Journalism

B.A. in Mass communication

Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication

Selection process for the Journalist jobs includes written Test and interview.
15th November 2018, 09:06 PM
ashok.b23

Post Re: Steps to become a Journalist for 10th WBBSE student?

You need to study science. Basically journalism is related to arts category so there is not much option for you. For future prospects, you can go for BA journalism. You can start searching for top colleges which also offers internships and extra certificates which will help you to plan your career in journalism.
16th November 2018, 04:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can study any stream in class 12th, if you are aiming for Journalism profession. After completing class 12th, you can aim for admission in B.Sc mass communication and journalism course.

Admission is mostly on the basis of entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned institute. You must have excellent communication skills and creativity to succeed in this industry.
17th November 2018, 01:17 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, I am a 10th standard student. I am studying from WBBSE Board. I want to become a Journalist. For this, I want to start preparation from now. I want your help for this. I want to know what I have to do from now to achieve my aim.

To become a journalist in the future, the aspirant has to study BA Journalism course after completion of 10+2 or equivalent examination. The aspirant can improve his skills by reading the newspapers, magazines, etc. The aspirant can also study an MA Journalism course after completion of graduation. The aspirant should have excellent skills in writing and the ability to win the confidence of people. The aspirant should have a good understanding and good stamina. The aspirant should have the passion for current affairs. The above given are some of the skills to become a journalist.
21st January 2020, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir I'm in 11th state board now I'm studying in commerce stream(SEBA) is it ok to join BA in degree to become a journalist
20th June 2021, 10:16 AM
Singhskomal

If you want to become journalists. You just need to completed your 12th. After you 12th you can do BJMC (bachelor's in journalism and Mass communication)
This course will help you to become journalists.
After that you can get another degree which is MJMC (master's in journalism and mass communication)
And improve your communication skill. It is very helpful for journalism candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?