20th June 2017, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a software engineer without studying math?

I have just passed 10th. I am going to do diploma in software engineer. So, what should I take in software engineer. I want some simple study in this. I don't want math and science but I know so much about software. So, please guide me please.

20th June 2017, 07:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a software engineer without studying math?

Yes, you can become a software engineer by pursuing Diploma in Software Engineering course after completion of your 10th standard from a recognised board. After completion of your three years Diploma in Software Engineering course, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission in second year of four years Engineering course through lateral entry admission process. You need to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state board of technical education for pursuing Software Engineering course.
21st June 2017, 12:38 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

As you are currently pursuing your Diploma course and wish to become a software engineer in future, I recommend you to complete your Diploma first and then opt for LEET/JELET examination and after clearing your LEET/JELET I am sure you will be most eligible to get admission in direct second year of B.Tech(CS) to carry on with your studies further.

So, prepare well for your entrance test.
21st June 2017, 02:38 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that since Engineering is a part of science field, so it's compulsory to interact with Science and Mathematics.Hence you can't become a software engineer without studying Maths and Science, even you can't pursue an Engineering course with Science and Mathematics.
21st June 2017, 10:01 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't become a software Engineer without studying math. Most of the engineering streams have math and physics as the basic subject. Therefore, you have to study them.

If you want to study engineering, then you should be ready for math. If not, then you have to look for other courses.
21st June 2017, 02:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just passed 10th. I am going to do diploma in software engineer. So, what should I take in software engineer. I want some simple study in this. I don't want math and science but I know so much about software. So, please guide me please.

Sorry, it is not possible to become a software engineer without studying mathematics subject. For taking admission in engineering course, you should have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Engineering entrance test also contains mathematics subject. If you study diploma, mathematics is required to pass in diploma course also and after completion of diploma, you have to study engineering. Therefore, it is not possible to become a software engineer without studying mathematics subject.
21st June 2017, 08:24 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much sorry to say that, without studying Mathematics as a subject, you cannot opt any of the stream in the Engineering field as Mathematics is of the main subject of Engineering.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th with Science studying PCM as a subject combination scoring at least 50% marks can apply for Engineering courses.
22nd June 2017, 07:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of diploma in Software Engineering, you can do B.Tech in Computer Science or Software Engineering to become a software engineer.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for software companies is 60%. Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for software companies recruitment. Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for software companies recruitment.
7th July 2017, 10:57 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

After completing your diploma you will get admission in second year of b.tech. For becoming a software engineer you have to choose computer science or lnformation Technology stream in b.tech.

Every university has different syllabus for b.tech. In Some universities you have to study mathematics in second semester.
Later on while studying some algorithms you have to apply simple maths.
If you will hard than you will definitely become a software engineer.
29th October 2019, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I just hace passed my Fsc pre medical can I do software engineering?
30th October 2019, 02:53 PM
EduXpert

Maths is an important subject of you want to become a software engineering. There are courses like BCA and MCA which will ask for maths at class 12 level. B.Tech CSE definitely requires maths along with science stream.

So, if you don't have maths then you may not become eligible for any such jobs in India. You must study in your class 12.
14th May 2021, 03:40 AM
Unregistered

Can I bridge mathematics and physical science and become software engineer
25th June 2021, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

what i do for becoming a software engineer if i dont have maths
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?