25th December 2015, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in 11th Science if score poor marks in 10th Mathematics?

Hello Everyone,
I am studying in class 10th. I want to ask you that if I score poor marks in Maths and good in Science then can I qualify for admission in 11th Science?

Related Questions:
4th January 2016, 06:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in 11th Science if score poor marks in 10th Mathematics?

It will depend on the kind of school you are applying for admission. If the school has a record of high cut off marks for admission then it will be bad luck for you because admission is based on merit in most of the top schools.

If you want admission in a not so good school then you can surely get admission in any stream whether it is science or arts.
6th January 2016, 07:52 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get admission in 11th Science if score poor marks in 10th Mathematics?

To get admission in science stream in 11th standard, students need to have high grades.
But cutoff marks for admission in science stream is different in schools as it depends on the record of the school.
Generally, good schools have high cutoff marks for admission in science stream as it is demanded by most students.
So, high grades is very important to get admission good schools.

Also, for admission in science stream in average rated schools, students need to have more than 8 CGPA for a chance of admission.

So, poor marks in any particular subject is seen in case when few students have same CGPA and seats are not available for all of them.
Initially, admission is taken on the basis of overall CGPA obtained by students in 10th boards examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?