17th September 2021, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a domicile certificate having lived in Mumbai for 12 years?

I am from Tamil Nadu. I have lived in chennai 22 years though i do not have a domicile certificate for myself. My husband has not been a resident of any state due to a defence background. However we have been living in mumbai past 12 years (since 1999). Our elder son would have completed only 14 years in mumbai by 2015 as he was 2 years old when he came to mumbai and studied 3 years in a boarding in tamil nadu. My questions:
1) Can my elder son get a domicile certificate by 2015 (he would be writing his 12th in 2015 march)
2) In case we shift to Tamil Nadu 2 years from now then what happens to domicile certificates for my children. If i take a domicile certificate for myself from Tamil Nadu would that be enough for my children in future.
3) My husband and i would be completing 15 years in mumbai by 2014. Incase we decide to stay back in mumbai till 2014, then would we be able to procure a domicile certificate for us?
4) Would that certificate be enough for my elder son to write MHT-CET in 2015 even though he would only completed 14 years in mumbai. Thank you.

20th September 2021, 01:12 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a domicile certificate having lived in Mumbai for 12 years?

°°° Domicile certificate is a key document that enables its holder to prove that he or she is a resident of a state which has issued the certificate either by birth or for a period in excess of 15 years in case of Maharashtra.
The document in able the holder to avail of the domicile quota extended by the concerned state in education and jobs among other things.
The district collectors are the issuing authority for domicile certificate.
22nd September 2021, 04:35 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a domicile certificate having lived in Mumbai for 12 years?

Any person from the State of Maharashtra can obtain this domicile certificate if he/she is a resident in the State for the last 15 years. A domicile certificate is a document that certifies a person's residential status in a particular state. The certificate is used to avail various services provided by the Government such as admissions, and job placements.

You need to obtain an application form either online or from Sub-Divisional Magistrate's office, Tehsildar's office, or District Collector's office and then attach the given below documents.

--> Certificate of age proof such as Birth Certificate, School Certificate.
--> Documents portraying the address such as Ration Card or driving license.
--> Proof of residence.
--> Self-declaration form.
--> Two photographs of Voter ID or College or University ID.
--> Duly filled application form.
--> Proof of Identity.
--> Photocopies of all documents duly attested by a government official.
--> An affidavit from tehsil or court.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?