24th May 2016, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I get promoted to higher class if fail in Physical Science of 10th ICSE?

Hello Sir,
Kindly tell me if I pass in all the subjects except Physical Science in class 10th ICSE Board then do I get promotion to higher class? Please let me know about this.

25th May 2016, 07:58 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get promoted to higher class if fail in Physical Science of 10th ICSE?

No, this is not possible, you must secure passing marks in all subjects in board exams in order to get admission in 10+1 in any board. Even if you fail in Physical science, your overall result status will be fail.

You must make sure that you score good marks in all subjects otherwise you will have to suffer one academic year loss. In simple words, you can not get promoted to higher class if you fail in any subject.
25th May 2016, 09:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get promoted to higher class if fail in Physical Science of 10th ICSE?

No, you can't get promoted to higher class if you fail in Physical Science of your 10th standard examinations. You can get admission in higher class only when you qualify all the subjects of your 10th standard. Even if you had failed in one subject of your 10th standard, to get admission in 11th standard, you must have to qualify the failed subject. So, I suggest you to appear in Supplementary examinations and qualify in Physical Science of your 10th standard, so, that you will be promoted to higher class.
26th May 2016, 05:11 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

As we know that Physical Science is not a compulsory subject in 10th standard, failing in which will not hinder you from getting admission into a higher class.

Yes, due to the procedures of the particular school, you may be asked to write a compartment exam, after which you will be promoted to a higher class automatically.
26th May 2016, 07:21 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to get admission in +2 level after failing in only one subject. You need not worry about it.

One should have passed in a minimum of 4 subjects, i.e. English, Hindi/Bengal and rest two subjects. in order to get promoted in class 11. Therefore, you are very much eligible for admission in next standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?