23rd August 2014, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I give Regional Mathematical Olympiads online?

I live in rajasthan & i want to apply for regional maths olympiad but i am unable to give it & can give it only online. can it be done in any way. please reply fast it is urgent.

mani

19th September 2014, 09:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give Regional Mathematical Olympiads online?

No, you cannot appear for the Regional Mathematical Olympiad in Online mode, you need to appear for the exam in Offline mode only.

The Regional Mathematical Olympiad is a state level examination, a stepping stone towards the national level examination, the INMO. The RMO is meant primarily for students of Class IX-XII. In some special cases, exceptionally talented students from Class VIII may be allowed to appear for the exam.

The RMO-2014 exam will consist of two tests, the first test of duration 2 hours and the second test of duration of 3 hours. The first test will be based on multiple-choice questions (MCQ), and in the second test about 6 to 7 problems will be asked which the applicants will have to solve. Then all the answer-scripts will be graded of the first MCQ-based test and based on the performance of the participants in the first test, they will select an appropriate number of participants whose answer-scripts of the second test will be graded.

The next RMO exam (RMO-2014) will be held on Sunday, December 7, 2014 during 10.00 a.m. to 12 noon and during 1.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?