6th January 2016, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Can i go to Australia for further studies on the basis of NIOS certificate?

I have just completed my 12th from NIOS board. I want to know if i can go to Australia for further studies on the basis of my NIOS board certificate. Please reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to study in Europe on the basis of NIOS certificate?
  2. Detailed information about NIOS Homeopathy Certificate course?
  3. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  4. Can I apply for US or any abroad countries with my certificate of NIOS board?
  5. Possibility of shifting from NIOS to CBSE after getting secondary certificate from NIOS?
  6. Can I study in Australia after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  7. Why I am not getting admission in any college with NIOS certificate?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission for BBA or BBM with any of the US universities being a candidate of pursuing SSC course form NIOS?
  9. Possibility to study Marine after completion of 12th Accountancy? Does all colleges accepted NIOS certificate?
  10. Is NIOS marksheet applicable in all colleges of india?
  11. Is NIOS senior secondary certificate valid for EAMCET?
  12. What is the full form of HSc?
  13. How can I join in WLC college after completing 12th exam from NIOS
  14. Am I eligible to apply for Army Direct recruitment being a 10th NIOS student? How can they verify if address is not mentioned in NIOS Certificate?
  15. Can I get admission to study CBSE Higher Secondary after completing 10th NIOS?
  16. How to get NIOS transfer certificate with caste and date of birth details? -- [New]
  17. Can i apply for US or any abroad countries with my certificate of NIOS board? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Eligibility to appear in JEE Mains & Advanced for 12th NIOS student? Can I sit in counselling with NIOS Certificate? Whether NIOS is AICTE approved?
6th January 2016, 10:34 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i go to Australia for further studies on the basis of NIOS certificate?

Yes, you can purse higher studies in Australia after passing from NIOS board. To avail admission in any of the foreign universities one has to meet the requirements of boards/ universities you wish to pursue. Some of the universities ask specific subject combination for admission. NIOS certificate is valid, recognized and is equivalent with the other national and state education education boards.
7th January 2016, 08:26 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i go to Australia for further studies on the basis of NIOS certificate?

No, you can't study in Australia on the basis of NIOS certificate.
Universities in Australia doesn't allow candidates who have pursued their studies through correspondence.
NIOS is open school, not a regular school. Candidate must have studied schooling from a regular school in order to get admission in Australian universities.
9th January 2016, 12:21 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much pursue Higher Studies in Australia after having completed your education from NIOS board. You just need to fulfill the eligibility requirements of the University you wish to take admission in and then you are all set to go as NIOS is a recognized University.
17th August 2018, 02:24 AM
Unregistered

I have done my 10 and 12 from cbse board and in 12 I got 58% in commerce .But now I have do my 12 again in Haryana open board school for getting better marks . After applying for student visa in Australia. My ielts score is 6 bands overall
2nd June 2019, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Hi I was fail in 12 th but again I m giving exam in NIOS again so on this NIOS exam is valid in Australia University?
8th July 2019, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my 10th and 12th from nios board so is it possible to get study visa for canada
19th October 2019, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I go to Australia for future studies after completing my 12th from NIOS
28th October 2019, 10:05 AM
EduXpert

Yes there are many private universities in Australia who don't have any issue with NIOS or open schooling education. You can apply for admission there but it will expensive.

Only top universities have an issue with NIOS and another open schooling qualification.
16th January 2020, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply student visa in Australia with NOIS certificates?
30th January 2020, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

what should i do now i done my 12 from nios is ther is any chance to get it
3rd February 2020, 11:32 AM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't study in Australia on the basis of the NIOS certificate.
Universities in Australia don't allow candidates who have pursued their studies through correspondence.
NIOS is an open school, not a regular school. Candidate must have studied schooling from a regular school in order to get admission to Australian universities.
9th May 2020, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

NIOS certificate and experience valid for jobs in Australia.????
21st June 2020, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Any age is barred to admission in secondary and senior secondary education.
22nd June 2020, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Australia university can accept open board 2
30th August 2020, 03:05 AM
Unregistered

I have done my 12 with open schooling and bachelor's degree in regular but from private university which is UGC approved
Can i apply for master's in Australia
13th September 2022, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

Nios board aspect in australia
21st February 2023, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

I have Completed my 12 NIOS Boad Can I Apply Study In Australia
26th May 2023, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

I have Completed my 12 NIOS exam Commerce so I Apply High study for Australia???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?