31st January 2016, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Can i join any school in Singapore as Teacher after MA in English?

I have 20 years of teaching in india. I have done MA in English. Now i am shifting to Singapore with my family. So i want to know if i can join any school there as teacher?

31st January 2016, 12:20 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i join any school in Singapore as Teacher after MA in English?

Yes, you can teach in Singapore provided you will have to clear GRE. TOEFL, IELTS,etc examinations as it is the minimum requirement in order to be eligible to teach or study abroad.

Therefore, after successfully clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to apply for a post as a teacher in Singapore.
31st January 2016, 12:23 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Your teaching experience is quite good, which will surely help you in future, but it is not enough. You need to clear certain examination if you wish to teach abroad.

You will have to clear TOEFL, IELTS examination in order to be eligible to teach in foreign countries. Therefore, clear the examination first and I am sure you will be very much allowed to teach in any foreign country in future.
31st January 2016, 04:17 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

As you have already qualified M.A. therefore you only need to appear in the school teacher eligibility test (STET). You have to qualify the entrance test with good score. After qualifying the STET you are eligible for teaching in any higher secondary school.
One more best option that you have is that you can apply for the National Eligibility Test conducted by University Grants Commission. After qualifying the NET you will be eligible for the lecturer job in any government or private college.
So in nutshell you have to clear the STET first for being a school teacher.
15th February 2017, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Is IELTS , GRE, TOFEL etc the only exam required to teach in Singapore schools (as a Tamil teacher) ?
19th February 2017, 01:21 PM
namit65786
Junior Member+

Enrolling as a Teacher in foreign country, you need to check eligibility of the country education board. However, after completing MA (English) you qualification surely add an advantage, but as in India B.Ed/ NET is required apart from your professional qualification. You need to consult the Institute in which you are desired to get enrolled about the mandatory qualification as per their education board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?