17th February 2023, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Can i pursue my career in dietetics without biology in 12?

I have pcm subjects in 12th. Can i pursue my career in dietetics without biology in 12?

17th February 2023, 10:37 PM
UmangSharmaMumbai

Default Re: Can i pursue my career in dietetics without biology in 12?

Dietetics is a field that is primarily related to the study of nutrition and its effects on the human body. As such, biology is an important subject for those interested in pursuing a career in dietetics. Most colleges and universities offering courses in dietetics require students to have studied biology at the 10+2 level.

However, there may be some alternative options available to you depending on the specific requirements of the college or university you wish to apply to. You could check with the institutions you are interested in to find out if they offer any flexibility in terms of subject requirements.

Additionally, you may want to consider pursuing a related field that does not require a background in biology. Some examples of such fields include mathematics, physics, chemistry, and computer science. These fields may provide opportunities to work in areas related to nutrition and dietetics, such as food science, research and development, and product design.
18th February 2023, 03:51 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who want to persue career as Nutritionist / Dietician, they must have studied physics, chemistry and biology in class 12th.
Those who have not studied such subjects in class 12, they can persue certified nutritionist course or a diploma in Nutrition/Dietetics .
Though biology and chemistry provide the foundation and open wider range of career opportunities.
Thus one can enroll themselves in such course without these subjects as well.
18th February 2023, 08:19 PM
Antonio 2023

While a background in biology can be helpful for pursuing a career in dietetics, it is not always a requirement.

To become a registered dietitian/nutritionist, you need to complete a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Dietetics (BSc Nutrition and Dietetics) or a related field. The eligibility criteria for admission to BSc Nutrition and Dietetics vary from college to college, but a common requirement is to have passed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 50% marks in any stream (Arts, Science, or Commerce).
21st February 2023, 03:29 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

If you always knew you wanted to become a Nutritionist/Dietician, you must have taken the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in Class 12. If not, you can still pursue a certified Nutritionist course or a diploma in Nutrition/Dietetics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?