18th April 2017, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a Biology student to pursue career in Computer Applications?

I am a 12th completed student of Biology group. But I have wish to join computer application as my course and want to make career in the same by opting for courses like BCA. Is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the career opportunities available in Biology? Which course has the best career scope?
  2. What are the benefits of taking Biology after class 10th? What kind of jobs can I get if I pursue a career in Biology?
  3. Am I eligible to pursue MA in English Language after completing B.Com in Computer Applications?
  4. Is it possible for me to do MCA after taking BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Physics, Chemistry and Computer science student of +2 can pursue B.Sc in Zoology or Wild life biology?
  6. What course should I opt for making career in game development and design? I am a student of class 12 (Science) and want to pursue a career in game development and designing
  7. What are the career opportunities after B.Sc biology?
  8. Can I pursue a career in Journalism after completing B.Sc Computer Science? Which courses are available in Journalism that I can pursue?
  9. Courses available to study for BCA last year candidate except MCA?
  10. What can I do after inter biology? What career can I pursue between Genetics engineering, biomedical engineering?
  11. How to prepare for PGDCA entrance exam? Can I do level course after PGDCA?
  12. Possibility to study MCA for B.Sc(Computer Applications) student?
  13. How to pursue a career in crime branch if I am a final year computer engineering student?
  14. Which is the better option MBBS or Ph.D?
  15. Which PG course should I pursue after B.Sc Computer Science that has a good career scope?
  16. Am I eligible for UGC NET after doing MSc from Botany
  17. Which subject is best for me to pursue post graduation?
  18. How can I give CBSE improvement paper of Biology in 2015?
19th April 2017, 11:52 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a Biology student to pursue career in Computer Applications?

First thing I would like to let you know that the primary degree course in computer application is the BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) course which is a bachelor degree course of three years with good scope in software world.

Further the minimum educational requirement for pursuing the same course is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics as one of the main subjects from a recognized board of examination.

So having complete your Class 12th with Biology group you are not eligible for pursuing any degree course in computer application right now.
19th April 2017, 12:50 PM
narim.

Default Re: Is it possible for a Biology student to pursue career in Computer Applications?

Yes. Though you are Biology student, having interest in Computer Applications, please go for BCA course.

Don't fear about eligibility. You are eligible. Your Biology stream is not at all a problem.

BCA means Bachelor of Computer Applications.

Pursue this course in the college which you interested and study well for 3 years.

After BCA, another milestone, MCA is there which is also 3 years.

Later on, try for jobs in IT companies like TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS etc.
17th June 2019, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Can a student who has taken biology and optional subject computer science in 12 take admission in computer science colleges?
12th April 2022, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

I did my graduation I biology..can I do pgdca course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?