6th November 2014, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

CBSE or ICSE, Which is better for Medical aspirant?

hello,
my daughter is doing her 4th std in samacheerkalvi ,her aim is to become a doctor so now i thought of changing her to icse board but many of them were saying cbse is best .whetherit will be difficult for her to achive her aim if she studies in icse board

17th November 2014, 05:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CBSE or ICSE, Which is better for Medical aspirant?

Both CBSE and ICSE boards are best educational boards in India. Both the boards offers same quality of education till 10th standard. And if you take national competitive examinations into consideration, most of the questions will be asked from the CBSE syllabus. Because of this reason, many students after completion of X standard are changing their school from from ICSE board to CBSE board. So, I suggest you to continue your child studies whether in CBSE or ICSE school till completion of her 10th standard and after that it is best to pursue 11th and 12th standards under CBSE board for getting good result in competitive examination which helps to get admission in top colleges/ universities.
15th September 2015, 12:47 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

I Think it is better to opt for CBSE board . As all the board and competitive exams are conducted by CBSE now a days. It would beneficial to student to score well in CBSE exams in both board as well as competitive exams.
24th October 2015, 10:21 PM
sumitsingh270596

CBSE stands for central board of secondary education whereas ICSE stands for Indian certificate of secondary education.
Both the boards have different advantages in their respective field. ICSE board is one of best centralized board in india, choosing ICSE board for a medical aspirant will not be a bad option at all.Both the boards have almost same syllabus, but you will get an advantage for English in ICSE board.

For a medial aspirant I would prefer to choose CBSE board because it is the board which comes under the central government and the entrance examination like for medical i.e AIPMT is conducted by CBSE. Also the syllabus of AIPMT is according to the prescribed syllabus of CBSE.

So, you should go for CBSE board rather than ICSE board.
28th September 2017, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

What board shall we prefer if we want to go in medical field and want to become lecturer in one of its subjects?
28th May 2018, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello. I am very confused about which board to select for my child. From CBSE ICSE or IB. Can anyone please suggest. Also i would like to know which is the easiest of all. Please reply.
6th December 2018, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Actually i am confused between icse and cbse
I have studied cbse till 4 standard than i got to icse and now i am in icse in 8 standard but people are now suggesting me to take cbse from 9 standard to score good and also i want to go through medical so what should i choose which is the best for medical either icse or cbse
7th February 2019, 04:07 PM
Hasmita P

Nowadays, most of the people prefer CBSE board education to crack through any entrance as CBSE board education emphasize more on science and mathematics.

There are successful candidates from CBSE schools in Amravati who have cracked the entrance exams for medical and other fields.

CBSE pattern is set accordingly to prepare the base of students for appearing in the competitive exam.
10th April 2023, 08:39 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Both CBSE and ICSE are recognized boards in India and provide quality education that can help medical aspirants prepare for medical entrance exams. However, there are some differences between the two boards that may affect a medical aspirant's preparation. Here are some key points to consider:

CBSE:

The CBSE board provides a more application-oriented and practical approach to learning, which can be helpful for students preparing for medical entrance exams.
The CBSE syllabus is more concise and focused, which can help students better manage their time and prioritize their studies.
CBSE is the most widely recognized board in India, which means that students may have more options for colleges and universities.
The CBSE board has a larger network of schools and resources, which can be beneficial for students looking for academic and career support.
ICSE:

The ICSE board has a more comprehensive and detailed syllabus, which can help students develop a deeper understanding of the subjects.
The ICSE board emphasizes critical thinking and analytical skills, which can be beneficial for students preparing for medical entrance exams.
The ICSE board provides a well-rounded education that covers a wide range of subjects, which can be helpful for students who are unsure about their career aspirations.
The ICSE board is recognized for its high academic standards, which can help students develop a strong foundation for higher education.
Ultimately, the choice of board depends on the individual student's strengths, goals, and preferences. Both CBSE and ICSE are recognized boards that provide quality education, so it's important for students to consider the specific syllabus, teaching methodology, and resources available in their chosen school. Additionally, it's advisable for medical aspirants to seek guidance from experienced mentors, teachers, and counselors to help them make an informed decision.
8th May 2023, 11:55 AM
Member+

In India, medical colleges recognise both the ICSE and CBSE curricula.

However, because the NEET exam is based on the CBSE syllabus, CBSE is more well-liked among candidates for the exam.

Additionally, CBSE students have an advantage over ICSE students because there are more schools and students taking the NEET exam under CBSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?