19th October 2018, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

CBSE or ICSE Board, which is better for Higher Secondary Science aspirant?

Hello friends, my son is studying in 10th standard from ICSE Board. I don’t want to continue his HS schooling with ICSE Board. Instead, I am thinking to admit him in a CBSE affiliated school. So, I would like to know that which Board is better for Higher Secondary Science admission?

22nd October 2018, 09:46 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CBSE or ICSE Board, which is better for Higher Secondary Science aspirant?

The CBSE syllabus is very structured, highly predictable and controlled. All national entrance examinations are conducted as per the syllabus. ICSE on the other hand is conducted by yet another board, CISCE or the Council for the Indian school certificate examination. It is similar to AISSC conducted by CBSE.
Personally I would like to suggest you to pursue Higher Secondary from CBSE Board.
22nd October 2018, 10:55 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CBSE or ICSE Board, which is better for Higher Secondary Science aspirant?

A major difference between ICSE and CBSE board is their syllabus. While the syllabus of CBSE board is more focused on science and mathematics, ICSE board, on the other hand, give equal focus on arts, language and science. The syllabus of ICSE is more comprehensive and detailed and encompasses all field of study.
The board gives more emphasis on English and therefore students have a better edge over other students in exam like TOFEL.

A certificate from ICSE board is recognised globally, even in foreign Schools and Universities.

Both the boards provide excellent quality of education and it depends on child strengths to determine the right choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?