26th October 2019, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Chances to become a Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force for a BSEB 11th Commerce student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying in 11th standard with Commerce stream and I am from BSEB Board. I want to join Indian Air Force and I belong to Bihar. Can I know about the chances for me to join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot?

31st October 2019, 08:09 AM
EduXpert

Default Re: Chances to become a Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force for a BSEB 11th Commerce student?

For fighter Pilot job in Indian Air Force you need to study science stream with maths in class 12. There is no other way to do it.

Commerce stream will not be enough to make you eligible for it. You have to study PCM stream and then apply for NDA exam.
31st October 2019, 09:42 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to become a Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force for a BSEB 11th Commerce student?

As you have opted for commerce stream for your Class 11th and Class 12th studies, you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force Flying branch or Technical branch and therefore to become a fighter pilot as to joining Flying branch of Indian Air force, one must have completed his/her Class 12th in Science stream with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects.

So, to be eligible for joining Indian Air force Flying branch, you need to switch your stream of academics from commerce stream to Science stream and then qualify entrance examinations such as NDA examination or CDS examination or AFCAT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?