26th April 2015, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 83% in 12th ISC?

Hello Sir,
I have secured 83% in 12th ISC Board exam.
And I have applied for JEE Main.
But I don't think I will score good marks. Can you
tell me how much I should score so that I will
get admission in B.Tech course?

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  2. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) for an OBC candidate?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  4. Can I get admission in any NIT if secured 58.88% in 12th, 55 marks in JEE Main and preparing for JEE Advance being SC candidate?
  5. Can I get admission with scholarship in Lovely Professional University to study B.Tech if secured 94% in 12th Board exam and scored 88 marks in JEE Main?
  6. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech in NIT, Patna?
  7. Can I get admission in MNNIT, Allahabad if secured 81.2% in 12th Science and scored 126 marks in JEE Main?
  8. Expected rank for a candidate who is getting 135 marks in JEE Main and secured 95.7% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering)?
  10. In which campus of NIT I will get admission if secure 93% in 12th ISC and getting around 140-150 marks in JEE Main?
  11. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(ECE) if secured 78% in 12th and scored 58 marks in JEE Main?
  12. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 49 marks in JEE Main and secured 93.4% in 12th JK Board exam? -- [New]
  13. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech in any Government college of West Bengal?
  14. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  15. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  16. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Syllabus of NIOS is same as that of ISC? Is NIOS valid for JEE Mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Detailed information and percentage required in 12th ISC for JEE Advanced?
3rd May 2015, 12:42 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 83% in 12th ISC?

If you want to take admission in good B.Tech college then in JEE Main you should have above 80%, but if you want to take admission in any of the normal colleges then you should have atleast more then 50% in JEE Main entrance examination. As you have got good marks in ISC I think you will be able to get above 80% percentile if you work little hard for your JEE Main examination.
3rd May 2015, 02:38 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 83% in 12th ISC?

It cannot be pre-determined as to how much marks you should score in order to get admission in B.Tech course, but according to your marks obtained in 12th ISC, it seems that you are going to score pretty well in your entrance examination.

However, there is no such fioxed criteria as to how much you should score in an entrance examination to be able to get what you want tas it depends upon various factors such as;

> Number of candidates appeared for examination that very year.

> The level of paper.

> The level of competition, etc.

So, you see, it cannot be said as to how much you should score in JEE Mains, however just wait for the results to be announced and I am sure that you will definitely get a chance to do B.Tech course and that too in a reputed College.
10th April 2016, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

How many cot off mark required for admission in any government college?
10th January 2017, 02:38 AM
Somi2302

Usually the cutoff goes to 110 .let us suppose this year cutoff to be 120 .If your score in ISC board examination is 83%, you should get atleast 169 marks to get a good NIT college !!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?