15th June 2019, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Details of NDA for 17 years old 12th Science student?

Hi Sir, now I am 17 years old and studying in 12th standard. I am interested to join in NDA. I want to get the relevant details about NDA. Now a days Engineering has become widely popular among students and parents but there is no guarantee to get jobs. So, my thought is I want to go for Defence Service in my future. So I think that NDA is the best choice for me.

19th June 2019, 06:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of NDA for 17 years old 12th Science student?

For NDA exam you need to have class 12th qualification with preferably PCM stream if you are looking for Air Force or Navy, but for the Army, any stream will be enough. Just make sure you have the class 12th from a recognised board and your age should be between 16.5 and 19.5 years with unmarried status.

Selection will be on merit which will be decided on the basis of performance in the written exam and SSB conducted by UPSC. The exam is conducted twice in a year.
19th June 2019, 08:48 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to join NDA, you need to qualify the NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

The basic educational qualification required to apply for the NDA entrance examination are as below :-

* You must hold the citizenship of India and must be an unmarried Indian male too.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education. To join Indian Navy and Indian Airforce, you need to have pursued Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more detailed information regarding the NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
20th June 2019, 01:23 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted in two stages. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

The two stages of examination are :-

Written.

SSB.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?