19th July 2020, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it difficult to appear in UPSC exams with 48% in 12th Science?

Sir, I have scored only 48% marks in the 12th Board exam with Science stream. I am a Gujarat Board student and now I have decided to study BA Honours. My aim is to appear for the UPSC exams. So, this percentage of marks will affect me to appear for such exams?

22nd July 2020, 11:18 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to appear in UPSC exams with 48% in 12th Science?

It does not matter much. the minimum eligibility for taking up the civil service examination is pass percentage in graduation.

So, the message is loud and clear from UPSC site that "it does not matter to me who you were, what matter is only who you are and who you are going to be".
22nd July 2020, 01:19 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

It doesn't matter in upsc examination , how much you scored in your HS .
There is no difficulty to appear in UPSC Exam with 48% marks in HS with science stream.
You are eligible for this examination. Work hard on current affairs from now. It will be beneficial for you.
22nd July 2020, 07:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If your aim is to appear for UPSC examination, you will be eligible to appear for the examination after completion of bachelor degree course in any discipline.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Service Examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in all stages of examination for final selection. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?