28th March 2015, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in UPSC recruitment exams for 12th Science student?

Respected Sir,
I am studying in 12th Science.
I haven't apply for any entrance exam.
I would like to know that after 12th Science,
I have a chance to give UPSC exams?

1st April 2015, 09:41 PM
saritaupadhyay
Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC recruitment exams for 12th Science student?

Sorry to inform you this but unfortunately being 12th passed student won't help you to sit for UPSC exam which is mainly for recruiting IAS, IPS, and other respectable posts under Central Government.

The minimum qualification for UPSC exam is Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized college/board.

Age must be 18- 28 years for General category

18 - 32 years for SC/ST/OBC category

There are limitations in number of attempts allowed for UPSC exam that is for
GENERAL CATEGORY : 4 attempts
OBC CATEGORY : 7 attempts
SC/ST CATEGORY : There is no limitation

Hence, you need to study three more years to be eligible for UPSC exam. But one thing I would like to inform you that UPSC exam is very tough so it's better that you start your preparation form now only. I am saying this because syllabus of UPSC is mostly related to class 10,11,12 and graduation. So it will be better for you to crack exam at one attempt only.

Last edited by saritaupadhyay; 3rd April 2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: grammatical errors
2nd April 2015, 01:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC recruitment exams for 12th Science student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am studying in 12th Science.
I haven't apply for any entrance exam.
I would like to know that after 12th Science,
I have a chance to give UPSC exams?
You have completed 12th standard so you are eligible for UPSC exams like NDA and SCRA exam.

National defence academy entrance exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year to recruit the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. If your 12th standard subjects are physics and mathematics then you are eligible for Naval academy through NDA exam.

The candidate age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination in the month of October or November.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized school or equivalent qualification and candidates who have doing final year of 12th examination can apply for this examination.

Those who have completed Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics may apply for this examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 21 years.

To get more information about NDA/SCRA exam, you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd April 2015, 08:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Union Public Service Commission conducts two examinations at the 10+2 level. As you have mentioned in the query that you have completed your 10+2, so you are eligible for the following exams:

1. National Defense Academy Entrance exams.

It gives you chance to join the different wings of defense. The entrance exam is conducted twice every year.

Anyone who has passed his 10+2 from a recognized board can apply for the exam. For Indian Navy and Air force, mathematics and physics is compulsory subjects in 10+2.

Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

You must be unmarried male Indian citizen as girls are not allowed to sit for this exam.

It consists of two stage, first one is the Written test which consists of questions from general awareness, mathematics, general science and English.

After clearing this exam, you will be eligible for the Service Selection Board.

2. Special Class Railway Apprentice exam.

10+2 passed or appearing candidates with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects can apply for this exam

Your age must be between 17-21 years.

After clearing this exam, you will be able to pursue your Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering from BIT, Meshra.

For any more details about these two exams, you can visit the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in
4th April 2015, 01:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts only two examination at +2 level .

1.NDA (National Defence Academy) the examination is conducted twice in a year to join the defence services in various wings .
The age of the candidates must be 16.5-19 years .The candidates must have Physics,Mathematics and English as there main subjects .
The examination is take in two phases :--
Written .
SSB .

2.SCRA ( Special Class Railway Apprentice) the candidates must have Physics ,Chemistry ,Mathematics and Engilsh as there main paper in +2 board .

The age of the candidates must be 17-21 years .

For more you can visit at www upsc.gov.in. .
5th April 2015, 10:05 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

As a +2 science students you have a better opportunity to apply for NDA/NA entrance examination conducted by the UPSC . You can also apply for SCRA conducted by same .

The candidates must be +2 passed or pursuing in it .

For both the entrance examination it is compulsory to have Physics , Mathematics and Engish as main papers but Chemistry is also required in SCRA .

The age of the candidates must be :-

16.5-19 years for NDA /NA .
17-21 years for SCRA .

In both the entrance examination there are questions of General Knowledge also .

You can visit www.upsc.gov.in for further more updates and notifications .
5th April 2015, 10:06 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to apply for UPSC civil services exam are as under:-
-The candidate should be a citizen of India with valid residence certificate.
-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.There is no percentage bar to apply for the exam.
-The candidate age limit is from 21 yrs to 30 yrs for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 yrs and for SC/ST 5 yrs.
6th April 2015, 07:11 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

U.P.S.C. stands for union public service commission and it held different examination.

At senior secondary level , it conducts two examination which are NDA exams and SCRA
exams .

1. NDA stands for national defense academy and the examination is held twice every year .
For this examination you need to be an unmarried male candidate whose age lies within

16.5 years to 19 years and have completed his 12th or pursuing final year of same with

physics,chemistry & mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized school/college.

2. SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice .

For this examination your age must be within 17 years to 21 years and you must have

done your senior secondary education with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your

compulsory subjects from a recognized college/school of a recognized board .

After your graduation you will have some more options of U.P.S.C. examination .

For more information you should visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?