24th February 2015, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Dual certificate of Sr. Secondary School is possible at the same time?

My son wants to do pcbm in XI & XII but he is getting admission in PCM can he do only biology in XI from NIOS? and PCM from regular school? is it eligible/valid as a PCBM in Engineering exams!

7th March 2015, 07:24 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Dual certificate of Sr. Secondary School is possible at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son wants to do pcbm in XI & XII but he is getting admission in PCM can he do only biology in XI from NIOS? and PCM from regular school? is it eligible/valid as a PCBM in Engineering exams!
No this is not possible. Your son will not be able to show that he does courses from two Boards.
He will be allowed to show only one of them.
So the easiest thing for him now is to find a school where he will be getting admission in PCMB.
You have also asked whether he will be allowed to appear in Engineering Exams.
I would like to inform you that for him to be eligible to appear for the Engineering Entrance Examinations he will only need PCM as his subjects in Class 12.
He does not require to study Biology.
Biology is meant for the students who aspire to study Medical Courses.

So your son has two options either he will have to find a school which will allow him to take PCMB or he can drop the idea of having Biology at all as from what you have said I can understand that he will study Engineering and PCM will be enough for him to be able to appear for the Engineering Entrance Examination.
So he will have to take a decision about what he finally wants to do.
And once he has done that he will have to decide from the two options that he has.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?