16th November 2019, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get 1st standard admission in a Goa Board for 4 years and 8 months old LKG student?

Hi everyone, my son is 4 years and 8 months old and he is studying in LKG. I am planning to admit him directly in 1st standard. I live in Panaji and I want to admit my son in a State Board. So, in this Board, my son will get admission in 1st standard at this age after his LKG?

20th November 2019, 07:25 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to get 1st standard admission in a Goa Board for 4 years and 8 months old LKG student?

This matter is totally in the hand of school authority. So you need to contact to school principal and ask him about admission procedure and the age parameters they have setted for 1st standard admission.

Most of the schools setted minimum age for admission to 5 years but it is completely negotiable.
21st November 2019, 11:38 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to get 1st standard admission in a Goa Board for 4 years and 8 months old LKG student?

Your kid needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the admission first.
The standard operating procedure followed by the CBSE is

* the candidate has to attain the age of 5 years at least for taking admission in 1st standard.

According to this, the age for any class is calculated.

Other things like the various fees and the admission dates and also the procedures followed by a particular school at a particular time depends largely upon the school administration, which you can get on the official website of the school or the office of the school itself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?