28th October 2016, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Why the age limit for admission in 1st standard of ICSE Board is 5 years and 8 months?

I am a mother of 4 years old child and my child is in Play School. Next year I am planning to get him into an ICSE school. My only concern is why the age limit has been kept as 5 years and 8 months for getting admitted to class 1st of ICSE Board, wherein the children do get admission in Class 1 at 5 years of age in CBSE. Life is too fast now a days and so are the studies and competitions hence losing 1 year unnecessarily does not stand appropriate. Please help, I think ICSE Board is quite well designed keeping the future admissions and competitions for any child. So I want my child to pursue the same. Awaiting a positive resolution.

30th October 2016, 01:10 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why the age limit for admission in 1st standard of ICSE Board is 5 years and 8 months?

There is no any minimum age limit fixed by any of the board such as CBSE, ICSE to get the admission in any std.

The minimum age limit to get the admission in any std is decided by the Directorates of the State Government and all the school of the respective state have to follow that minimum criteria for the admission.

So, kindly visit the school to get the detail for the minimum age limit to get admission in any std.
30th October 2016, 08:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why the age limit for admission in 1st standard of ICSE Board is 5 years and 8 months?

I don't understand as to why is your school mentioning the age as 5 years for admission in 1st standard in ICSE board, as the minimum age required for admission of candidate in 1st std. in ICSE board is 3 years and 6 months and as per the criteria, your child is very much eligible for admission. You should contact the board directly if the school is refusing to do so.
1st April 2019, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is 4 year and 6 month old can she get admission in senior kg??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?