15th September 2015, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for taking admission in Polytechnic colleges?

I have passed 10th and i have taken admission in 12th from open schooling. Can i have admission in polytechnic colleges? what is the eligibility criteria?

Related Questions:
  1. Is Postal Recruitment going to be held in AP or any state?
  2. After 10th how should I join Civil Engineering(Diploma)
  3. Procedure to take admission in NIT college?
  4. Do i need to appear for JET exam for getting admission in Government Polytechnic Colleges?
  5. In which entrance exam should I appear among VOCLET, Poly40, Poly60 or JEXPO for admission in Polytechnic Colleges of West Bengal?
  6. How many diploma part time centers are there in Chennai? How to join in diploma part time college?
  7. Eligibility to take admission in NPTI after doing Electrical?
  8. Can I get admission in Delhi government polytechnic colleges such as PUSA and Aryabhat?
  9. Which institute is best for Diploma (Mechanical Engineering) in Coimbatore?
  10. List of institutes in Kerala offering software programming and application Diploma course of 3 years?
  11. Best polytechnic colleges in UP, their admission process and last date of admission in Monad University?
  12. Diploma Colleges in India: Admission Procedures, Forms, Polytechnic?
  13. In which universities can I do IT diploma? I am interested in learning electrical and diploma course
  14. Procedure to get admission in Polytechnic colleges with 42118 rank?
  15. Can I get Civil branch if score 120 marks in JEXPO?
  16. Best polytechnic colleges in UP? What is the admission process? I have passed 10th from ICSE board
  17. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply for Lecturer vacancies in Government Polytechnic Colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Eligibility to apply in Assam Polytechnic Admission Test for 12th PCM candidate?
15th September 2015, 11:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for taking admission in Polytechnic colleges?

To get admission in Polytechnic course, you must have completed 10th standard from a recognised board and you must have to appear in Diploma entrance examinations like POLYCET, etc. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you can get admission to study Polytechnic course. If your 12th standard from open schooling is valid, you can get admission in second year of three years Diploma course.
16th September 2015, 12:07 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Polytechnic Admission Eligibility Criteria:

Eligibility:

The applicant should have passed in 10th examination from Board of School Education or equivalent examination from a recognized board/ university with a minimum of 35% marks.

Application form fee :

For General and OBC category candidates Rs. 400/-
For SC/ST category candidates : Rs. 250/-

Selection Process :

Selection will be done one the basis of written examination and then there will be counselling so based on ranking the college will be allotted.

Polytechnic College for lateral entry. The basic eligibility criteria are following.

Eligibility:

Applicants should have passed 10+2(PCM)/ I.T.I./ M.C.V/ N.C.V.T or its equivalent.

For your consideration, I am giving you contact details of the some Polytechnic Colleges. Look at below details.

Government Polytechnic Mumbai
No. 49, Khetwadi, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400051 ‎
022 2647 4587

Government Polytechnic
D- Block,, Hapur Road, Shastri Nagar, Ghaziabad, 201002 ‎
0120 271 9500 ‎

Central Polytechnic College
Tharamani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu ‎
044 2254 1929 ‎

Government Polytechnic
Near Mangalwari Bazar, Sadar,, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440001 ‎
0712 256 4483
16th September 2015, 12:39 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely eligible for your admission in the polytechnic colleges having higher secondary school degree from a open schooling because in most of the colleges the certificates of open schooling are recognized and the most important thing is that polytechnic/diploma degree demands for secondary school degree only and hence the board of education of Class 12th does not matter's for the admission in the polytechnic courses.

There are many private colleges where you will get direct admission in the polytechnic courses but in order to get admission in the government polytechnic college or good private colleges with trades having bright scope you need to clear their respective entrance examination.

As you have not mentioned your locality or the desired college in which you want to take admission so it is not possible to give the exact information about the procedure of admission in that particular colleges.
16th September 2015, 12:14 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate can get admission in polytechnic colleges after passing 12th class from any recognised board.

Eligibility Criteria :

Candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board.
Age of candidate must be above 17 years.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in 12th class.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?