19th December 2013, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Is it good to join ISC school to enter IITs?

I am in ISC school in class 11....I have a passion to enter IITs....Is my decision of entering ISC in 11 right?????Will ISC studies help me to enter IITs???If yes,then tell me some tips and good books for this purpose......Reply soon,please......

20th December 2013, 11:21 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it good to join ISC school to enter IITs?

The decision making body of IIT has decided to start off with a new admission criteria from 2013 onwards. Only top 20 per cent of the students from various boards are eligible for the IIT admission test. It will put both the top boards on equal platforms. While the other state boards students will be competing as equals even though their curriculum will be easier than ISC and CBSE ones.
30th August 2015, 10:05 PM
sumitrahul76

Default Re: Is it good to join ISC school to enter IITs?

IIT stands for indian institute of technology.
It is the best institution in india for the students to be graduate i.e b.tech which is best program for engineering.
Coming on your question, yes of course you can join an ISC school to enter in IITs.Because ICSE(Indian council of secondary education) which becomes ISC in higher secondary is one of the finest board in india for secondary education.
Its syllabus is totally based on comprehensive pattern which makes students more creative.

But according to me its quite bettter to be in a CBSE school instead of an ISC school. Because the reason behind it is, the syllabus of entrace exam i.e JEE mains and JEE advance is according to to the syllabus of CBSE.
The entrance exam is also conducted by CBSE every year.

So, it is quite better for you to get admission in a CBSE schools rather than an ISC school.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?