7th March 2014, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

GSEB or CBSE for admission in engineering?

my child studying in 9th CBSE. To get admission in Engineering collage in ahmedabad , which board is preferable as we are gujarati and want to study in gujarat only. Pls furnish full details with data and reservation quota for GBSE and CBSE as per last years admissions.

11th March 2014, 08:06 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: GSEB or CBSE for admission in engineering?

Admission in engineering colleges under the state in Ahmedabad is done on the basis of the scores secured in Gujarat Joint Entrance Examination. There is nothing as reservation quota for the state candidates. All the residents of the state belonging to any board of education can give the exam.

If you want your ward to study in Gujarati board, then you can surely do so. But our suggestion is do not underestimate your child and do not limit his/her potential. Your child can also get admission in the top IITs and NITs which will ensure brighter future as compared to the career after normal engineering colleges in Ahmedabad.

CBSE board is a better board for study of 10+2 since all the entrance examinations on all-India level are based on CBSE syllabus and even the companies prefer CBSE scores more. However, you must take decision as per your comfort.
24th March 2014, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

hey i want to knw whether from 2014 the reservation of gujarat board students is there in gujarat or not?and merit list is combined or not from 2014?
i m cbse student and i want to knw this,...plz..inform correct details..
8th April 2015, 05:25 PM
amanshrivastava98

You should not think of the board but to concentrate on the marks only.

The admission in engineering depends upon the marks acquired by the candidate in his studies and the performance given by him in the entrance test.

There is no such board which would help you in getting admission in Engineering, all boards are the same in this respect.
15th April 2015, 12:22 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: GSEB or CBSE for admission in engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my child studying in 9th CBSE. To get admission in Engineering collage in ahmedabad , which board is preferable as we are gujarati and want to study in gujarat only. Pls furnish full details with data and reservation quota for GBSE and CBSE as per last years admissions.
I will suggest you to put your child in CBSE board instead of GSEB, as CBSE board has more exposure then the GSEB board. As based on personal experience of both the boards. there are many CBSE board school in Gujrat that are even better the the Gujrat board. So, i will suggest you to put your child in CBSE board.
23rd December 2015, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

In engineering college admissions , there is any fix percentage of board. Like 30% of total from CBSE ,15% of from icbs and 55% of total from gseb
25th February 2016, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

We are SC in shifted from last 15 yrs from Mumbai .
Does CBSC board has reservation for admission after
12 Th for Engg or Medical in Gujarat ?
Or if send them to Maharastra will get reservation in
Admission ? Now she in Sr. Kg GSEB board English medium .
29th April 2016, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

I am confused which board to take?is there any difference between syllabus of11 12 case and gseb? On jee points view.
17th June 2016, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

What is the admission process for CBSE and gseb students for getting admission in medical and engineering
8th April 2018, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Which board is better for weak students to clear 10th standards, Gujarat board or CBSE board, My daughter is currently studying in CBSE board
Please advise
25th May 2019, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I am confused whether to take admission in gseb or cbse in 11th science A group . and what is the admission criteria in college after 12th in both boards 2019
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?