14th November 2011, 01:47 PM
drvijaydadhania

Which board is more preferable,GSEB or CBSE? What's the future prospective for the same?

dear sir
my daughter studying in sixth standard in gujarati medium school having syllabus of GSEB.now she is selected in javahar navodaya vidyalay run by center govt having the syllabus of CBSC.now i confused wheather i have to take admission in sixth standard of navodaya vidyalaya or continue with present school.

21st May 2012, 06:06 PM
bantidas

Default Re: Which board is more preferable,GSEB or CBSE? What's the future prospective for the same?

Confused Father,

You should not confuse yourself between the two. State board will help your daughter in getting jobs in that particular state but the CBSE is a central board so you will be getting jobs throughout the country on the basis of that. The same applies for the selection in colleges around the country.

The only reason to remain in the state board that i can give is as follows:

Total no of students who gave the CBSE Std XII Exams were 7,70,000 in 2011.

You can refer to:

http://cbse.nic.in/PRE%20EXAM%20PRESS%20NOTE%202011.pdf

There is a 10% increase every year so the year 2012 will have 8,50,000 students, i.e. 30,000 per state on an average for both streams together, out of which students opting for Medical would be approximately 30% or 10000.

On the other hand:

Total Gujarat Board students appearing in 2012 for Class 12th Exams were 1,12,000 out of which biology stream students were

approximately 26,000. Total No of seats in medical in Gujarat are 1900 out of which 50% are reserved.
So approximately 1000 seats are open for merit, out of which 100 (10%) is reserved for CBSE quota.

Probability for CBSE vs Guj Board student to get admission in Medical is as follows:

Assuming % students passing in both boards are nearly equal (@ 70%)

CBSE: 100/9000*100 = 1.1%
Guj Board: 900/26000*100 = 3.5%

Thus, Guj Board student has 3.5 times better chance to get admission in MBBS compared to CBSE student

Good Luck for your daughter's future...!!
21st May 2012, 06:08 PM
bantidas

Smile Re: Which board is more preferable,GSEB or CBSE? What's the future prospective for the same?

Confused Father,

You should not confuse yourself between the two. State board will help your daughter in getting jobs in that particular state but the CBSE is a central board so you will be getting jobs throughout the country on the basis of that. The same applies for the selection in colleges around the country.

The only reason to remain in the state board that i can give is as follows:

Total no of students who gave the CBSE Std XII Exams were 7,70,000 in 2011.

You can refer to:

http://cbse.nic.in/PRE%20EXAM%20PRESS%20NOTE%202011.pdf

There is a 10% increase every year so the year 2012 will have 8,50,000 students, i.e. 30,000 per state on an average for both streams together, out of which students opting for Medical would be approximately 30% or 10000.

On the other hand:

Total Gujarat Board students appearing in 2012 for Class 12th Exams were 1,12,000 out of which biology stream students were

approximately 26,000. Total No of seats in medical in Gujarat are 1900 out of which 50% are reserved.
So approximately 1000 seats are open for merit, out of which 100 (10%) is reserved for CBSE quota.

Probability for CBSE vs Guj Board student to get admission in Medical is as follows:

Assuming % students passing in both boards are nearly equal (@ 70%)

CBSE: 100/9000*100 = 1.1%
Guj Board: 900/26000*100 = 3.5%

Thus, Guj Board student has 3.5 times better chance to get admission in MBBS compared to CBSE student

Good Luck for your daughter's future...!!
25th March 2013, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which board is more preferable,GSEB or CBSE? What's the future prospective for the same?

which board is the best for 11 science maths when i am living in gujarat
12th April 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

IS THE METHOD OF SEAT KOTA IS OVER AFTER THE COMING OF NEET AND JEE
27th May 2013, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

i have completed 10th in cbse in pune now I am thinking to study in11th commerce in ahmedabad which board will be preferable fo for me cbse, or gseb
22nd February 2014, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

which are the schools in ahmedabad of CBSE board in commerce..after 10
26th February 2014, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is in nursery she is good for in study we'r in gujarati family so our home atmosphere is gujarati but my relative suggest me cbse board so which is better for my daughter cbse or gseb?
24th March 2014, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

looking to the IIT ENTRANCE EXAM( JEE MAINS AS WELL AS ADVANCE) WHICH BOARD IS PREFER AFTER 10TH? At present I was appeared in 10 TH CLASS
OF CBSE BOARD. PL. GUIDE ME. tHANKS A -LOT.
28th March 2014, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

My son in cbsc 10th he wants to go in architecture but there is 6%seats so please tell can we change the board cbsc to gujarat board?
18th April 2014, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO GO IN MEDICAL SO WHICH BOARD I SHOULD SELECT STATE {MAHARASHTRA} -OR CBSE .
30th January 2015, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvijaydadhania View Post
dear sir
my daughter studying in sixth standard in gujarati medium school having syllabus of gseb.now she is selected in javahar navodaya vidyalay run by center govt having the syllabus of cbsc.now i confused wheather i have to take admission in sixth standard of navodaya vidyalaya or continue with present school.
reply. If your future planning to study in aboard{videsh} ,you must change isc/cbse other wise do not any change
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?