8th March 2018, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Air Force if secured 47% in 12th Science? Requirements to join?

Hello Sir, I have completed my 12th Science but I have secured 47% marks only. I want to join Defense Services. I am interested in Indian Air Force. Can you help me about to join Indian Air Force? Also I want to know about the requirements for this.

12th April 2018, 02:03 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force if secured 47% in 12th Science? Requirements to join?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard with 47% aggregate marks from a Government recognised board. To join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board. You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years of age. You should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to join Indian Air Force through NDA examination.
12th April 2018, 07:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force if secured 47% in 12th Science? Requirements to join?

If you want to join the Air Force as an officer after 12th qualification then you have to appear for NDA entrance examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

For Air Force it is mandatory to have 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to appear and qualify for both stages of examination for final recruitment.

The two stages of examination are : Written and SSB.

For detail information regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th April 2018, 09:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force by clearing National Defence Academy entrance examination. There are two stages of NDA exam:

1. Written Test.

2. Service Selection Board.

The eligibility criteria for Indian Air Force through NDA exam:

1. You must have studied Mathematics and Physics in science stream. You are eligible for NDA examination with 47% marks in board exam.

2. The age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Wait for NDA 2 notification to be published to apply for exam.
14th April 2018, 12:48 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment as an officer in Indian Army, Navy, or Air Force.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. For recruitment in Air Force it is compulsory to have Mathematics and Physics as main paper in 12th.

For more information regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th April 2018, 12:54 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

There is no problem that you have scored only 47% of marks in your class 12th examination. You can join Indian Army through NDA examination.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination from a recognized Board can apply for the NDA examination in order to join Indian Army.
In order to join Indian Air Force, candidates must have to complete their class 12th examination or equivalent from a recognized Board with Physics and Mathematics as a subject.
14th April 2018, 09:14 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Union Public Service Commission conducts National Defence Academy entrance examination for selection of candidates for different wings like Air force, Navy and Army. Candidates who have done 12th or appearing for board examination can apply for examination.

To be eligible for Indian Air Force, Mathematics and Physics is necessary in science stream. Candidates with 47% marks are eligible for NDA exam. The age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years. There is one important condition that only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.

The two stages of NDA exam are written test and Service Selection Board.
15th April 2018, 10:13 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

To join Air Force after 10+2 candidates have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination.

NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that the candidate must have passed or appearing for board examination and have Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as main paper. Candidate age must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years and only unmarried male candidate are eligible.

There is no minimum aggregate to appear for examination as candidate passed with minimum passing percentage are eligible for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?