6th May 2016, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am in 12th now. I actually want to join Indian Air Force as it is my dream to be a part of Indian Air Force. So I would like to get correct advice to join. Please tell me what sort of Degree should I take next to join Indian Air Force?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester in BE IT after completion of Diploma?
  2. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  3. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  5. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  6. What should I study in B.Tech to join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCM?
  7. Is it difficult to join Indian Air Force for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th?
  8. How to join Indian Air Force after completion of 12th class in PCM with 58% being a candidate with an age of 19 years?
  9. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th standard?
  10. How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  11. What should I study further after completion of B.Sc(Electronics)? Can I join Indian Air Force?
  12. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCB?
  13. How to join Indian Air Force after completion of 12th Class?
  14. Can I study physics after 12th? I want to join Indian Air Force
  15. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 12th WBCHSE candidate?
  16. How may I get admission in M.S in Germany? What's the qualification and paper works required required?
  17. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after completion of 12th with PCMB group?
  18. What is the procedure followed to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
9th May 2016, 12:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force?

Being a Class 12th passed candidate you are eligible for joining Indian Air force only if the stream of your Class 12th includes Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects otherwise you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force or Indian Navy but you still are eligible for joining Indian Army.

But for joining either of these wings of NDA ( National Defense Academy ) you are required to clear NDA entrance examination held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> Also to be eligible for appearing in the same examination you must have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree course or any equivalent degree course with any discipline from a recognized institute. But for joining Indian Air force or Indian Navy your academics must include PCM group.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more details about the same examination, you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
9th May 2016, 12:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force?

To join in Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard, you must have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. Yo must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
9th May 2016, 03:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force through AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) Entrance Examination twice a year (in February and in September) for both male and female candidates. There are branches in this program and they are,
* Flying Branch
* Technical Branch
* Ground Duty Branch

To be eligible for all the above mentioned branches the minimum educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

(or)

Or you may join Indian Air Force through CDS (Combined Defence Services) Examination after completion of Graduation. For CDS the minimum qualification required is B.Sc with Physics and / or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized university. So I suggest you to take any of the above mentioned Bachelor Degrees in order to join Indian Air Force.
9th May 2016, 07:00 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are in 12th standard and want to join Indian Air Force. You are interested to know about the degree course which has to be joined for getting job in Indian Air Force. Basically the minimum eligibility for getting eligible to join Indian Air force is that student must possess graduation degree (minimum three year duration). But instead of this below is the list of degree courses which you can opt:

--B.A

--B.Com

--B.Sc

--B-Tech (Mechanical/ Electronics)

>>Basically if you do normal graduation (i.e 3 years duration course), then you are eligible only for only one category of post in the AFCAT exam i.e flying branch only. If you do B-Tech degree either in Electronics or Mechanical discipline then you are eligible for two category of exam i.e flying as well as technical branch.
10th May 2016, 12:15 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

There is no need of degree, you can join Indian Air Force through National Defence Academy examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year. For NDA exam, eligibility criteria is:

*Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

*Age limit for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years.

*Only unmarried male candidates can apply for exam.

Official website is http://www.upsc.gov.in. You can visit this website for more details.
11th May 2016, 06:07 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

To join in Indian Air Force you need not required graduation, just after the 12th only you can eligible.

But for that you have to crack the NDA Exam.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year, details regarding the date and application will be published in upsc website.

Candidates should complete the 12th in maths and physics with 60% score can join in the Air Force or in Navy.

Age limit to appear for NDA exam is between 16 1/2 to 19.

Candidates should be free from any deceases and should be physically fit for the exam.

The candidates should have 157 cm, height should be 160 cm to join in the Air force .

The weight should be in proportion to the height.

If you qualify these factors you can appear for this exam.
12th July 2019, 12:26 PM

Almost how many vacancies are there in x group of indian airforce
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?