8th January 2016, 07:15 AM
Unregistered

How many chances are given to clear IIT JEE after passing 12th?

I have passed 12th a year ago. I have appeared for the IIT JEE entrance and this is the second time i am planning to appear for the examination. My question is that howmany time can i appear for the entrance? I hope that you will reply earliest for it.

thank you.

8th January 2016, 11:35 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many chances are given to clear IIT JEE after passing 12th?

There are 2 chances given to clear IIT JEE after passing 12th class.
Candidate must have passed 12th with more than 60% marks from any recognised university.
Age of candidate must be below 25 years. Relaxation of 5 years is provided to SC/ST category candidates.
8th January 2016, 12:05 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To get admission in Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), students need to qualify JEE Mains as well as JEE Advance.
JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.
It is conducted by CBSE every year in month of April.
The students are only allowed to appear 3 times in JEE Mains and 2 times in JEE Advance including the year of appearing in 12th boards examination.
Actually, it doesn't depends on attempts. A student can appear in JEE Mains only at the time of appearing in 12th boards examination and for the next 2 years while for JEE Advance only at the time of appearing in 12th and the following year.

So, students have only year after 12th boards examination for IIT if they fails to get that at the time of appearing in 12th boards examination.
8th January 2016, 01:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for IIT JEE examination twice, the examination is conducted every year.

The examination is conducted for admission of candidates in IIT and other government institutes. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 or pursuing from recognised board.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advance and candidates have to qualify in both the stages for admission in IIT.

The application for 2016 examination is available at www.jeemain.nic.in.
8th January 2016, 05:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There are three attempts allowed for JEE Main and Advanced. You have appeared once and there are only two left now.

Therefore, be prepared for it and utilise your attempts carefully. Next year will be your last attempt.
8th January 2016, 06:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is an entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for selection of deserving students for their B.E./ B.Tech / B.Arch course from best government engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM,etc. so that they get quality education along with good job placements.

The examination is being held in two stages which are known as JEE Main and JEE Advance respectively.

--> For appearing in the JEE Main one must have the qualifications mentioned here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed or must be in the final year of your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate in the same subject from a recognized university. Equivalent degree holders are also eligible.

--> But for JEE Advance, you will first have to clear JEE Main along with that much percentage of aggregate in your board examination that keeps you within top 20 percentile student of your respective board of education.

The maximum attempts provided for clearing the same examination in three consecutive attempts. Hence having appeared in the JEE last year you have two attempts with you at present which includes JEE 2016 and JEE 2017.

For more details you can visit the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
8th January 2016, 08:18 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE examination but not eligible to get admission in IIT if passed 10+2 in 2014 or earlier.

JEE examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. Candidates can appear for Main examination thrice and twice for Advanced.

Through Main examination candidate are eligible to get admission in other institutes except IIT.

Th online application for JEE examination is available now and last date to apply is 11th Jan 2016. For more information about examination visit at http://www.jeemain.nic.in
8th January 2016, 09:43 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IIT JEE stands for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. It has two stages JEE Main and Advanced. For admission in IIT, you must clear both stages and you should have better percentage of marks in 10+2 board exams.

Number of attempts:

For example if a candidate will appear for 10+2 board exams in 2016, he will be eligible for JEE Main in 2016, 2017 and 2017 and for Advanced he will eligible only in 2016 and 2017.

So, there are two attempts for JEE Advanced, one in year in which you appear for board exams and other in coming consecutive year. There are three attempts for JEE Main exam.
8th January 2016, 09:55 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Maximum number of attempts to appear for JEE mains examination is limited to three.As you have passed class 12 examination last year, you are eligible to appear for JEE examination this year.
8th January 2016, 10:32 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The maximum number of times you can appear for IIT JEE examination has been increased to 3 attempts, earlier it was set at 2 attempts only.
8th January 2016, 11:22 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

IIT JEE is a high standard entrance test conducted for getting admission in well reputed institutes for bachelor's of technology. You can attempt the JEE entrance test maximum three times. For your kind information i want to tell you that after clearing the JEE entrance test you must have to clear the JEE advance for getting admission in IIT's for B.tech. Now 40% of your marks secured in 12th are also considered while making your JEE rank.
8th January 2016, 11:37 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

JEE examination is conducted by CBSE and IIT every year.

Candidate have maximum :-

3 attempts for Main examination.

2 attempts for Advanced.

Candidates have to qualify in Mains examination to appear for Advanced examination.
9th January 2016, 12:08 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

JEE(Joint Entrance Exam) is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) once in a year. 3 chances are given to each candidate to appear in JEE exam after passing 12th class. In your case you have two more chances to appear in the desired exam.
7th May 2016, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I am a jee iit aspirant.And I think that 2 year is not sufficient for it's preparation for those who are not able to effort expensive coachings.
22nd March 2017, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

I have lefted12th examination in 2016 to healthless and pass 2017 then how many chances to appear for I I T J E E please give me details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?