16th November 2020, 07:34 AM
Unregistered

How many marks do I need to score in 10th standard to become a Scientist in ISRO?

I am a girl and belong to a poor family. I want to become a Scientist in ISRO. I am always getting above 90% till my 9th standard and currently I am preparing for the 10th Board exam from WBBSE Board. Now, I want to know how much marks I need to score in my Board exam of 10th to achieve my aim?

17th November 2020, 02:27 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many marks do I need to score in 10th standard to become a Scientist in ISRO?

As you are good in academic , it will be much easier fou you and you are interested n too.
For joining ISRO ,it comprises of two levels
1_ national level written exam(offline mode)
2_ personal interview.
The minimum qualification required is BE/B.TECH in electronics or mechanical with atleast 65% marks.
Final year student can also apply and the age limit is 30 yrs.
And atleast you need to have a bachelor's degree with atleast 70 % from.a reputed college
18th November 2020, 04:36 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many marks do I need to score in 10th standard to become a Scientist in ISRO?

After passing 10th you cannot get into the ISRO directly. For getting a job in ISRO you have to pass 12th, then graduation and then master degree.

You must have Astro Physics, Dynamics or Space Field Physics in both graduation and post graduation.

Steps for getting into the ISRO:-

1 - Pass 10th and 12th in science stream and score more than 90%.

2 - Must take admission in graduation or engineering. Must have aerodynamics, Astrophysics in graduation. If you have taken admission in engineering then you must have Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics are eligible.

3 - Do master degree from highly reputed institution in Applied Physics.

4 - After MSc you can go for research in the field of space.

5 - Working as a junior scientist in BARC. After 4-5 years of experience you will get chance in ISRO.

So if you are interested in ISRO then you must have the above qualification and criteria.

18th November 2020, 08:37 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° To get a job in NASA or ISRO you need to pursue aerospace engineering or aeronautical engineering.
To pursue these courses, you must appear for any Engineering entrance exam like JEE MAIN etc.

°°° You should try to get above 60% marks in your 10th, 12th and graduation.

°°° However, ISRO may demand higher percentage for recruitment. So, you must have at least 65% in all three stages.

°°° For more information you can visit this website-
http://www.isro.gov.in
19th November 2020, 10:58 PM
jeet2porwal

There is such criteria of having minimum marks in 10th to be Scientist in ISRO.

You have to clear selection procedure to be Scientist in ISRO.

It would be better for you have minimum 60% in 10th to be Scientist in ISRO.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?