26th December 2014, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

ICSE or CBSE, which is favourable board in 11th to study Engineering course?

Hello
I want to do engineering. I ahve completed
my 10th icse but m very confuse in 11th
which board i get admission in icse or cbse
because i want to know which is easy for
getting btech seat....

Related Questions:
  1. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  2. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  3. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  4. Transfer of Board from CBSE to ICSE after class 11 for class 12?
  5. Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  6. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  7. Is ICSE better than CBSE for competitive exams?
  8. Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board?
  9. Board can be changed in 12th class from ICSE to CBSE? What is the procedure for it?
  10. What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Details about colleges offering ICSE syllabus in 11th and 12th? Availability of application and fee structure?
  12. Which is better between CBSE and ICSE?
  13. Possibility to get transfer from Bihar board to ICSE or CBSE board after 10th?
  14. Is it possible to appear for ICSE in 11th standard after passing 10th from CBSE board?
  15. Which board to select between ICSE and CBSE?
  16. Details about colleges offering ISC syllabus in 11th and 12th? Availability of application and fee structure?
  17. Aligarh Muslim University is an ICSE Board affiliated college?
  18. How do I change from ICSE board to CBSE board after passing class 9 from ICSE?
9th January 2015, 08:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ICSE or CBSE, which is favourable board in 11th to study Engineering course?

After completion of 10th standard from ICSE board, you can pursue your 11th standard from CBSE board to get admission in B.Tech course in top engineering colleges. Most of the engineering entrance examination question papers are set from the CBSE Board syllabus. So, if you pursue your 11th and 12th standard from CBSE Board, you can perform well in entrance examination and you can get admission in B.Tech course in top college and you can study engineering course easily after completion of your 12th standard from CBSE Board.
9th January 2015, 10:15 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ICSE or CBSE, which is favourable board in 11th to study Engineering course?

You will have similar chances of getting admission in B.Tech, even if you have completed your 12th standard from CBSE or ICSE board. Because, you have to appear for any engineering entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech and it does not depend on your intermediate education board. So, I suggest you to continue your education through ICSE board rather than changing to any other board, which will even help you to score more percentage in your 12th standard.
24th June 2021, 02:25 PM
Singhskomal

CBSE - central board of secondary education.
ICSE - Indian certificate of secondary education.
Both the board teach almost the same subjects.
CBSE : gives more importantance to science and mathematics.
ICSE : gives equal importance to all subjects.
If you want to get admission in b.tech you should choose CBSE board to get good command on science and mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?