5th August 2014, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board?

my son is in icse 10th, shall i admit him to karnataka state 11th or cbse 11th in science stream, which is better. as he want to do his engenering. is it true that karnataka govt has brought he rule to change 11th and 12th to cbse.

Related Questions:
  1. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  3. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  4. Can I take admission in 12th standard CBSE board after failing in 11th standard CBSE board?
  5. After 10th exams from which board should I do 11th, MP Board or CBSE board?
  6. Which board is better between CBSE Board and Andhra Pradesh State Board?
  7. Can I change from CBSE to State board in 11th standard?
  8. Eligibility for CET exam in 2013 after 11th and 12th from Andhra state board and 4th to 10th from CBSE?
  9. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  10. What is the difference between CBSE Board and State Board?
  11. Which board will be better - CBSE or state board?
  12. Am I eligible to get admission in Hyderabad State board if completed 11th from Qatar? Procedure to get admission?
  13. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  14. Can I get admission in 11th Gujarat State Board after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  15. Can I give 12th state board exam without giving 11th?
  16. Can I give 12th state board exam without giving 11th?
  17. Readmission at DAV School in 11th standard?
  18. Can I get admission in CBSE Board if studying in State Board?
7th August 2014, 08:21 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board?

It is nice to see that your son has a definite aim in his life which is pursuing engineering and becoming a successful engineer- one of the demanding profession in the world.

It is better to go for CBSE rather than Karnataka State Board in 11th and 12th standard. This is because the syllabus of the main core subjects in CBSE are at par with the syllabus of most of the entrance exams. There is no compulsion of taking second language and english is easy. So better attention can be given to the core subjects. Since admission in engineering institutes is done on the basis of entrance exams so it is better to go for CBSE curriculum.
8th August 2014, 04:09 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board?

Both the boards come with its own advantages and disadvantages. CBSE has the affiliation from the State Council Educational Research and Training (SCERT) of states. The syllabus in CBSE focuses on engineering and medical care. On the other hand, Karnataka state board focuses The Karnataka board syllabus is dependent on the government of that particular State. The syllabus in CBSE has a scientific approachand state Board is more of practical application. CBSE has uniform syllabus throughout while Karnataka State Board might face changes which becomes difficult for candidates to adjust.
8th August 2014, 08:48 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Both the boards come with its own advantages and disadvantages. CBSE has the affiliation from the State Council Educational Research and Training (SCERT) of states. The syllabus in CBSE focuses on engineering and medical care. On the other hand, Karnataka state board focuses The Karnataka board syllabus is dependent on the government of that particular State. The syllabus in CBSE has a scientific approachand state Board is more of practical application. CBSE has uniform syllabus throughout while Karnataka State Board might face changes which becomes difficult for candidates to adjust.
24th March 2015, 11:09 AM
baggu helper
Member+

In my suggestion CBSE board is more better than State Board in Karnataka.

Main Functions:

To Conduct Higher Secondary School Examination
To Grant recognition to aspiring schools
To define course structure and syllabus for 10+2 exam.
To arrange suitable facilities for teachers students
To make education level equivalent to other boards.
23rd October 2015, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

I was a Karnataka state board student till grade 10 (2013-2014 board exams). whereas now am doing an international course. was it a good decision? The difference beween these boards is just like day and night difference i feel.
21st October 2016, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Going for CBSE 11 , will it be easy for my child to take up kvpy exam as well as IIT andJEE mains. He is interested in pure science
22nd October 2016, 11:20 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

I suggest you to let your son concentrate on his academic year than IIT & JEE exams. He is going to join in 11th CBSE board so first of all it is important that his base should be strong & score good marks in 11th & 12th. But if you wish him to prepare for IIT & JEE exam then all will be depend on his ability to understand.
8th November 2016, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is going to complete her 10th in Karnataka state board and now we have an confusion of whether to join her in CBSC or state board college ( because most of the entrance exams prefer CBSC )...
27th March 2018, 03:06 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, My child has completed 11th std cbse in science.
1) I would like to know if my child can get admission in puc (state Board) for 12th.
2) If we take NIOS course, is it valid and recognized both in India and abroad. Do students have quota for admission in our colleges for pursuing undergraduate and graduate courses. As, in recent times, it was in news that NIOS-science is not accepted and valid.
Kindly clarify our doubts ASAP.

Regards
17th December 2018, 05:24 PM
Hasmita P

It sounds good when kids takes initiative to make their career choices. Well, as a teacher I have experienced that it is much better to pursue studies further in CBSE board when there is an option. As this board is recognized one and its branches are spread within country and abroad. It makes easy for anyone to continue the studies easily with the same base.
Nowadays, all competitive exams becomes further easier to prepare for the students of CSBE board.
I have seen many of my students from CBSE board schools in Amravati have literally presented the good results compare to other boards.
15th January 2020, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

Hi, We have relocated from Middle East to India while my daughter was in 12th. As we came mid year no school would give her admissions and she has already lost a year. How can she complete her 12th if she doesn't get admissions into a school ?
22nd February 2020, 11:25 AM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

There are certain benefits and disadvantage for changing the board
Advantages
1) the entrance exam syllabus is based on CBSE board
2)Selecting CBSE board will help to clear the concepts
Disadvantages
1) It will be difficult for the candidate to cope with the syllabus as CBSE is in a bit depth than the state board
Considering the above conditions you must take the decision
27th October 2020, 12:32 PM
Shahnawaz Jafri

It is better to go for CBSE rather than Karnataka State Board in 11th and 12th standard. This is because the syllabus of the main core subjects in CBSE are at par with the syllabus of most of the entrance exams. There is no compulsion of taking second language and english is easy.
31st October 2020, 05:43 PM
chin6303

Lightbulb Re: Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board?

Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board

No doubt it is better CBSE, than Karnataka State Board. This is because the syllabus of the main core subjects in CBSE are at par with the syllabus of most of the entrance exams. There is no compulsion of taking second language and english is easy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?